New homemade Air Box ?

DELSOUL

Aug 7, 2011
Ok so I just made a custom air box for my blaster. Before my blaster just had a k&n air filter with outwear right on the carb, but last time I went riding and went through some water it killed my 4 wheeler. So I fabbed up and air box out of an old air box that came off my truck and it turned out pretty well. My question is however now that I got my box all fixed up, do I need to rejet the carb? Now I know you usually do this but since it was already running on an open filter and I just reused the filter and located it in my new air box will it be the same. This air box has no lid and it flows air really well. Any help would be great.

IMAG0125.jpg

IMAG0123.jpg

IMAG0124.jpg

was the old set-up with the k&n directly on the carb ???
if so i'd say you may be a tad rich right now, only a plug chop will tell for sure,
that new intake tube with that sharp angle has to be restricting the airflow some,
compared to a direct on the carb filter,
it's definately not flowing more air

That makes some sense to me it does seem like its missing a little power. It has to be a little more restricted now for sure. I tried not to run any sharp angles like that but I had a really hard time finding all the parts to make it work and not look so bad. I went with a pretty big diameter pipe I think its like 2in so that it should still flow good. How many sizes down do you usually need to go on jet size and do you only have to change your main jet. I just want to know cause I don't have a jet kit and will just be going to the dealer to buy the few jets i may need.

Here's a video of it in action

Just click the Pic

That makes some sense to me it does seem like its missing a little power. It has to be a little more restricted now for sure. I tried not to run any sharp angles like that but I had a really hard time finding all the parts to make it work and not look so bad. I went with a pretty big diameter pipe I think its like 2in so that it should still flow good. How many sizes down do you usually need to go on jet size and do you only have to change your main jet. I just want to know cause I don't have a jet kit and will just be going to the dealer to buy the few jets i may need.

jet kits are a waste of money, going to the dealer buying singles is the way to go, imo

and yes only the main will need changed if at all, and only a wide open plug chop will tell you that

Alright sounds good that what I will have to do then how many spark plugs do you usually go through to do a proper plug shop since I am probably not to far off on my jetting