New Father Son Project

XJPete87

Jan 9, 2010
Manassas, VA
i just purchased a 2004 Blaster for $200 to build as a father son project. The one caveat is that the engine is completely in pieces. I already know that the top end is in need of a rebuild but my big worry is figuring out what parts are missing. Does anyone know where to find a good exploded diagram of the engine?

It also came with a LRD exhaust but is missing the exhaust flange. The part that attaches to exhaust to the head. Does anybody have a good picture of how the exhaust on these things connects to the head? Through some quick searching it looks like this is a seperate part in which the expansion chamber is connected to via a spring?

I'm sure I'll have lots of questions as my son and I go through this thing over the winter. I hope to have it running for him by spring. Any help is much appreciated.

welcome to the forum ....you can prolly do a search on google for the lrd site and get a flange......a good buy for you would be a blaster manual for your build check out ebay for a cheap manual...another note start a build thread in the full rebuilds everyong like the rebuild thread....good luck man

The owners manual is great but most likely what you need is a "service manual", as YB said you should be able to find one on E-bay, i bought mine there for cheap and has been a blessing. You got a great deal on your blaster sounds of it. First ATV work i did in my life was a Blaster this past summer. Ive split cases, replaced clutch, top end rebuild, on and on and has been fairly simplistic, IMO. Good luck with it and share your progress!!!

yeah these things are really simple and easy to work on. good luck and feel free to ask any questions you have! btw service manual is gonna be your best friend and i still like a real paper manual because then you don't get your keyboard greasy :D