New exhaust

Fast6hand

Oct 10, 2013
West Palm Beach
I'm in the market for a new exhaust. I've already been asking opinions of others, but I was curious what everyone's opinions were on which exhaust system to get.

You can see my mods in my signature I believe.

I don't ride tight crazy trails, and do have some open areas to get on it.

I had a LRD and did enjoy the top end. I've never ridden with a left bend pipe.

I was thinking CT/trinity or Toomey. I know trinity doesn't make pipes anymore.

Thanks for your input.

If you liked the top end of the Lrd than you will really like the Ct. Any left bend pipe is not going to be like any right bend pipe in the upper rpm. From all that I hear the Toomey is the highest of all the left bends. With your mods I personally don't think you will be happy with any left bends. Specifically since you ride in more open areas.

What are you going to do with your lrd?

If you liked the top end of the Lrd than you will really like the Ct. Any left bend pipe is not going to be like any right bend pipe in the upper rpm. From all that I hear the Toomey is the highest of all the left bends. With your mods I personally don't think you will be happy with any left bends. Specifically since you ride in more open areas.

What are you going to do with your lrd?
The LRD is sold. It was a love hate relationship with the leaky flange. I just don't want to get another right bend and have the same problem. Then I would be back at square one.

My Ct doesn't leak anywhere. I cant recall any Ct/Trinity owners ever having a problem with them leaking.

im pretty sure i recall people saying the trinity was a b*tch for leaks...

DMC will never leak, but i know you are looking for top end power. DMC my first option for low end

i have had 2 diff blaster with the toomey full
the instructions are a little weird/but just a general setting for un experience people i guess.
i found it to be a little bit loud with the small silencer that it comes with,but if you already had a right bend then im sure it is quieter then those:)It is deff a top end pipe:)

Hmmmm....that's a good thing.
the instructions are a little weird/but just a general setting for un experience people i guess.
i found it to be a little bit loud with the small silencer that it comes with,but if you already had a right bend then im sure it is quieter then those:)It is deff a top end pipe:)
How did you like the performance?

my lrd is quieter than an FMF powercore 2 silencer. just something to compare to.

although when i buy pipes i repack the silencers right away. and i probably use more packing than recommended ;)

i felt i needed to keep it in the top end to get anywheres.I currently still have the toomey:)
but im not knocking it i like it and had 2:)
you will need a pair of snap ring pliers if you ever want to repack the toomey silencer.

I love my Toomey for the reasons listed above. High quality, parts availability, no leaks, great mid/top performance, and probably the best sounding silencer

man im pretty bumbed... a LRD sold with out me knowing about it? I woulda bought it for my hoard!!!

I understand your frustraition with the LRD, according to its tight fit it was problematic for its leaking... the Dyno Port at the same price as a Toomey would be very comparable to toomy, hand made, right bend top end pipe, easier fitment, according to the maker a hassle free leak free design. Orders getting placed today, just saying.....

I love toomeys sleek silencer, and yes packing makes the difference in quietness.

You must have never tried a Vito's Fat Bastard.
Also, only pipe I ever saw listed on Kenny's site. So........................................
The Fat Bastard is an exception and I have been wanting to run one but where to find one?

I have found Toomey to be a bit loud imo. Not a biggie if you have no neighbors, but then again it "is" a 2 stroke. ;)

man im pretty bumbed... a LRD sold with out me knowing about it? I woulda bought it for my hoard!!!

I understand your frustraition with the LRD, according to its tight fit it was problematic for its leaking... the Dyno Port at the same price as a Toomey would be very comparable to toomy, hand made, right bend top end pipe, easier fitment, according to the maker a hassle free leak free design. Orders getting placed today, just saying.....

I love toomeys sleek silencer, and yes packing makes the difference in quietness.
You got a trinity in that collection you want to give up?

Reactions: Herpderplol
i do, do I wanna give it up? NO lol... we are in an age now were these pipes are turning into ghosts, to let one go would let them become just a Legend or a story....

I offered to share with wife and woody since they have to go to NY to have their DP's built now. but man this just means I have to build a new blaster per pipe... get that LRD to pop back up lol... Herp your LRD wants to hang on my wall too... I cleared a spot on the massive mantel in the new house for yours, plaques made and all, next to the F7, (HALF) LRD, DP, CT, and the trusty FMF