New clutch install Issues !

jds99camaross

Feb 1, 2011
I just installed a husk clutch and springs in my blaster, after I put it back together the clutch would not engage. It seemed like that disks where not compressed enough. I was able to move them around inside the basket with the springs installed. This is my 1st install and I watched a few clutch install videos. Any ideas or help?

put the back tires up on a jack, this way you can adjust the inner set screw and spin the back tires till you get the right pressure on the inner screw

No I did not kno that I needed to line those up. That just seems so minor would that cause what I explained? Also where would I put that small black ring that was in the old clutches. It was positioned on the inner most side toward the flywheel. It's like a spring, I purchased a husk clutch kit and I have read that you don't always have to use that ring.

clutch014.jpg

it depends on your kit i guess.i have a tusk kit and it didnt come with the lil spring thingy but one of the friction plates holds it.im guessing the second set of plates.i could be wrong though

i installed the tusk clutch with heavy duty springs. did you install them correctly? wave ring, and put a clutch disk, friction plate, clutch disk, friction plate, and so on? i did and two times i took it back apart cause i was having problems. after the 2nd time taking it apart, it just started working.

Man thanks, it worked and well. It is running reAl good. I appreciate all the comments. My dad on his 83 250r 3wheeler and me on the blaster are able to ride.

good to hear all is well, now, we demand pics of the riding !!!!!!!