\\\ New Blaster Owner ///

T

terboed

Hi everyone. Im new to this site and also just picked up a blaster for my wife. I had a few questions for you blaster guys.

First of all its a 96 and seems to run pretty good. it already has the tors eliminator carb top but i had to toss in an idle screw as the guy who had it before me was using throttle cable tension:(

now it has a K&N, and a fmf fatty, along with a set of unknown dual stage reeds, with the stock silencer. the jets are 250 and 32.5. is this fat enough for sea level dune riding with the airbox lid off? it runs like crap with the lid on ripping up and down the street (too fat).

it also is running premix. oil injection is eliminated.

the factory silencer shure is unsightly, but i like how quiet it is. is 250 a good starting point, or should i richen it up some?

stock silencer is restrictive if u want more unrestricted power but still
keep her quiet i would reccomend a fmf q silencer ,

it does not need to have any more power as my this is my wifes first bike and she well be lerning on it. i think the stock can might even have a baffle removed as it seems to be louder than my buddys blaster. either that or it needs repacking. i do have a bunch of mikuni jets layin around maybe ill toss a fatter main in and see how she runs.

aww come one, let her have some fun! lol.

the stock doesn't have any packing. at least not that i saw. i tore one apart partially lol. the air comes in thru the pipe, and hits a baffle (like a brick wall!) and is forced around it, then there is a piece of pipe with the end pinched shut inside a bigger piece of pipe, held there with twisted vanes, so the air has to be spun around it to get out, then smacks into the end cap and has to squeeze thru the end pipe.

there may be some packing in the 2nd half of the pipe, that little pinched off pipe is about 1" diameter inside maybe a 2 1/4 inch pipe, inside the like 4 inch shell. might be some packing between the shell and the middle pipe, but since the middle pipe doesn't have holes in it that i can remember i don't know that it would do anything.

on the 02, which is all stock, i took that piece of pipe out with the vanes, then took a screwdriver and repeatedly hammered it thru that brick wall baffle till there was a big hole in it, then stuck the endcap back on cause it looks really really weird (and is a little louder) without it. doin this did make it a little louder, but its still not near as loud as the fmf on the 04. i think it made it slightly peppier, but it may be in my head lol. gonna have to check to see if it made a difference on the color of the plug.