Need some input on my blaster

It would help that tingy noise be more tingy.. Even though its an exhaust it will still suck air in making a leaner mix.. What main do you have in there now?

what do you mean it would make it more tingy? adding the rtv would?

In my understanding wouldn't adding rtv and maybe a clamp make it less tingy and stop air from getting sucked in?

I haven't cracked open the carb yet, that's tomorrow morning, ill know then

I think I said that confusing.. Sorry.. Yes an Exhaust leak will or may give you a tingy noise (lean). What I ment was that exhaust leak would help an already lean mix be even leaner .. Yes you can use some sealant on the exhaust to help stop a leak.. I have a feeling you may have some more air leaks or you are jetted to lean..

Seems like you have a good grasp on what makes a lean mix etc.. Finish that tester, check out the carb do a few plug chops and go from there..

ahhhh now that makes more sense hahah. I mean its like a good millimeter of space between the exhaust and the (header?). Would I just have to shove a tone of rtv around that and throw a clamp around it and tighten the sh*t out of it?

and yeah I understand lean and rich and whatnot. I was just a little hesitant playing with a carb and 2 stroke, but after watching a few videos im getting the hang of it. Ill have to go on a search for the tire valve tomorrow and clean the carb and check it out

You mean where the flange meets the pipe ?? What kind of pipe is that? Mine has a spring that pulls it to the flange .some have an o ring to seal them I think..

Do my eyes deceive me, that looks like you do not have the correct flange for the pipe to fit into.

Is there a seal or anything inside the pipe for the flange to butt up against?

It also looks like it is fitting up weiner eyed!

ahhhh now that makes more sense hahah. I mean its like a good millimeter of space between the exhaust and the (header?). Would I just have to shove a tone of rtv around that and throw a clamp around it and tighten the sh*t out of it?

and yeah I understand lean and rich and whatnot. I was just a little hesitant playing with a carb and 2 stroke, but after watching a few videos im getting the hang of it. Ill have to go on a search for the tire valve tomorrow and clean the carb and check it out
I used a pump valve from a blood pressure tester. I got it at a medical supply. Works good because you can really control the amount of air going in.

The hole on the bottom yes.. There used to be a Thingy on it lol.. Not realy sure how to explain it.. Its a drain.. the thingy attached to the bottom.. Let me try and find a picture.

Edit; Cant seem to find a picture.. Anyways it goes onto that hole and the end of it is pinched flat,, so if water were to get in there it could drip out but would be very difficult for water to go in that way...

Last edited:
I think you might need a new flange, Looks like someone got mad at that one.. you can try and go strait to Fmf,, or someone on the forum here might have one.. You might be able to get that one to work but it should have a o ring gasket/seal, and with it being wavy it wont seal right..

On your leak tester.

We found the piece you need at a home depot.

You should try to find a different gauge that only goes up to 25 psi.

With yours, the first notch is 20 or something, it will be hard for you to notice any slow leaks that only drop 1-3 psi

Your best bet is to get a FMF Flange for that pipe with the o-ring seal and spring. Get a New exhaust gasket also.
Then its done right, and you have that monkey off your back.

20140418_165147.jpg
uSo I can't even get the carb cap thing off the carb it won't unscrew for sh*t.
The little piece won't separate so it just stops after it turns a tiny bit