Need some input on my blaster

Kgries

Apr 9, 2014
Aberdeen Township, New Jersey
Hey everyone so I took my blaster out on a spin around the block today, gave it some full throttle runs.

I took a video and I have a few questions,

First, im getting a little bit of smoke, but that's obviously expected with a 2 stroke right?

Second, should (my exhaust?) be making that metaly tingy sound?(idk how else to describe it) its an fmf fatty with a silencer.

Third, it seems like its bogging down at full throttle, maybe you guys can tell from the video? is that max rpms im hitting or does the carb need to be cleaned?

heres the video

Last edited:
i wish i could fly down the street without any consecuence :) only you can tell were the tinging is coming from,does it do it parked while revving it?

Your main jet does not seem right. What jets are in the carb? Carb clean? New fuel? Air filter clean? You need to plug chop it. I would put a 300 main in and start chopping.

Like wifesblaster said what main jet you have in there? Where is your needle set? Also did you check your float height?.. bike wants to fall on its face

Your main jet does not seem right. What jets are in the carb? Carb clean? New fuel? Air filter clean? You need to plug chop it. I would put a 300 main in and start chopping.

Like wifesblaster said what main jet you have in there? Where is your needle set? Also did you check your float height?.. bike wants to fall on its face

i don't know what jets are in it...anyway i can check. The guy who sold it to me didn't tell me. So i would assume they're stock. Which from what i gather, they shouldn't be from the mods i have.
Ill be honest, ive never played around with a carb, let alone a 2 stroke.
I just put some 93 with 4 oz per gallon mix.
Ill check the airfilter tomorrow and clean it if its needed.
I would check to see if the carb needs cleaning and the float but im honestly scared to start playing with it haha
I kind of get the idea of plug chopping but im still unsure

Im honestly thinking of gettin a 35 pwk 35. is there anywhere i can order where theyll put in the jets that would be good for my mods?

Oil Block off Kit
.06 bore wisco piston
fmf pipe and silencer
New crank and rod bearings

They can put jets in it but still gonna have to plug chop to be sure..every bike is a lil different.. if you get a pwk 35 me or someone else can get you real close.. dont be afraid to take the carb apart its not hard at all..once you do it once you'll realize not a big deal!! Dont ride it anymore until you check that jetting in the carb..if so you might not be buying a pwk (be doing a top end) !! Do a leak test also

You sound real lean and im betting you have an air leak.. Please don't keep riding it until you leak test.. Also make sure the P/0 capped the carb where the oil injection went in.. A high pitch pinging is an indication of being to lean (granted they all ping but the sound is a different) You sound lean.. Do yourself a favor and pull that plug and post pics of it.. Also get yourself a few new b8es plugs and do a plug chop and post pics.. Before you do that pull the carb and find out what main jet you have in there.. Go to like a 290 300 like Wifes said and plug chop down from there.. Btw is the Airbox lid still on? Also why would you want to go all the way to a 35mm carb? That's a bit big for a stock cylinder and jug imo.. You should be plenty fine with the stock carb..

I'll take pictures of my carb tonight, it looks blocked off. You'll have to excuse me I'm a real noon at this Lmao.

Your saying I could have a air leak somewhere on the carb? Or the engine?

It does take a few choke kicks to start which could mean it's running lean right?

I'll pull the plug tonight.

So if all else fails with me doing this do you guys think the local motorsport dealer/shop could fix/tune this up for me?

Airbox lid is still on And I was thinking the 35mm incase I ever build the engine or get a new intake

Last edited:
Do what we recomend and u will be able to do all if this yourself. at first it seems like allot but one thing at a time and we will get yoy set strait. Find the thread on leak testing. Better yet there is a sricky for everything you need to know about a blaste..

Ride no more until you find out what jets are in the carb.

Leak test, set float level, fit jets to suit your mods, set idle then plug chop to confirm jetting.

A large carb will loose you top end on a stock engine, stick with stock until you upgrade.

You can use a few different fittings depending on how you can reduce it to a correct size hose barb for the hose you plan to use.

Get a few...1" coupling with reducers to 1/2 npt for the hose barb fitting , or a 1-1/2 reducer to 1/2" npt.
Hose barb in 1/2" not to 1/4" barb is what I use.
The hose barbs available there will determine what actual fitting and reducers you get.

here's what i have so far

f*cking homedepot and walmart didnt have a tire valvle that would go into the T-npt. I dont know where to get one now..so that may be a problem.

I got the air can, should i use my compressor instead to help clean the carb?

Look at an auto parts store for the schrader valve for the tee.

I've used my air compressor, and a can of keyboard cleaner to blow out carbs. Both with good results.

so I noticed this on my exhaust

could that be an exhaust leak...I don't think that looks right? am I wrong? should I throw some copper rtv on there?

EDIT: the other day I noticed fumes coming out from that area but nothing clicked in my head. Could that have to do with that tingy sound?