need some info

blaster7

Mar 5, 2011
Martinsburg wv
Alright guys I'm about to assemble my engine and my tranny gears are a little dirty I was wondering what could I use to clean them? can I use some carb cleaner? or soap and warter? also I'm going to be instaling my seals so I would also like to know is there any special type of assembly lube to you use on them or do you just put them in? thanks for all the help guys.

Alright guys I'm about to assemble my engine and my tranny gears are a little dirty I was wondering what could I use to clean them? can I use some carb cleaner? or soap and warter? also I'm going to be instaling my seals so I would also like to know is there any special type of assembly lube to you use on them or do you just put them in? thanks for all the help guys.

If its just surface rust use a bench grinder with a wire wheel and then spray them with wd40 or soak them in oil til you reassemble.

As for the seals i just use a socket about the same circumfrance as the seal and carefully drivem home.No extra sealant just a little oil so they dont bind.

i'd use kerosene to clean them gears

pro circut makes a special grease to be used on seals, ken oconnor just posted this the other day, but i didnt pay particular attention, since he does all my assembling

lemme search...............here ya go.................

We use Pro Circuit Seal and O-Ring Grease - PC-03...

kk sounds great guys thanks a bunch for the info,so can I also use diesel fuel to clean the gears and it won't hurt them awk? again thanks for all of the help fellas.