Need opions on 450s

I have a suggestion.... Pick your favorite color/body style and go with that one... As said all over this thread they all have flaws... They all have ways around those flaws, and you will not be dissappointed with any of them you buy as long as you put a bit of your personal add ons to it...

I am pretty sick of this whole deal of oh Kawasaki sucks, Honda blows, and so on.... everyone has different taste in quads, and no matter what you get you will be thrilled ! !

Good luck with your choice, and make sure to post pics !

why not get a blaster, whats wrong with a blaster on the trails thats all i do is trail ride with my blaster havn't had any problems yet

Funny no one has mentioned the ktm 450,but i would choose yfz

The reason is I think is the KTM's are going to cost a lot more then most other quads. KTM's are good bikes and from the factory they are hard to beat BUT IMO you can take a 04 or 05 Honda 450R pick one up for $2500 P&P the head, high comp piston, Big Bore kit, full set of shocks, skids, tires, exhaust, and just about any other part you can think of and still cost the same as a Stock KTM (that isn't a hold over) and have a lot stronger bike.

ok the ktm sucks there top heavy as sh*t unless u get the sx and thts like 10gs all the 450s r good the canam has the most hp but the yfz450r and the x are the fastest and the r has proven to be one ov the best on the track and the x has proven itself in the woods id go wit one ov those ive owned suzukis hondas and yamahas ive nver had a problem wit my yamahas everything else is sh*tI:I

ktm is 351 lbs (i don't know if its dry or wet, i think wet,)
THE KTM'S FRAME IS MADE OF CHROMOLY, SO IT IS PRETTY FRIGGIN LIGHT!!!

yamaha is 372 wet
can am is 349 dry
so that kinda proves that the ktm aint that heavy bud, ktm is a great quad, and he's lookin for a trail quad i think, i also like ds 450 xc's and yfz 450x's though

I have the can am ds450x its just a great quad..........honda 450 is great.............suzuki looks cool but with the tranny problems...........kawasaki is a ball grinder when u sit on it but its nice and has reverse.............ktm 450 very fast and powerful but not a confotoble machine.............yamaha very fast, looks real nice

ok this thread actully hasent been closed i was thinking there would be alot of arguing.. but great info.. well after talking to my friend he said he has put 3 whole new motors in his TRX since he bought it new.. the first 2 somehow bent the rod he said.. and the 2nd took chunks out in the top of the piston.. other person has the LTR and said he has had no problems its an 08 he bought new.. and my other friend has the 05 YFZ just got it a week ago but no problems so far except the hard seat.. so im gonna try to get seat time on the LTR and TRX and choose from that im leaning towards the YFZ not sure though