Need Lrd Silencer

o4blastie

Dec 30, 2014
Over here By There
Just recently purchased a lrd fatty off ebay, and was looking for a matching Lrd silencer... can anyone help me on my search... can't find one anywhere on the web... thanks in advance

welcome to the forum, nice looking blaster. as far as your search I hope something pops up here, very often I see just the silencer pop up on ebay but other than that you may have to modify a silencer. scratch that, it was one on ebay that had a silencer with end by the coupler cut off and it didn't seam to fit well

Last edited:
Reactions: o4blastie
I saw that pipe on there. looked dirty, but it had been painted

get that bracket welded that was shown as cracked.

finding a silencer for these? next to none. you will probably have to modify a different aftermarket one
FMF powercore 2 would work fine, just line it up right and weld good. stock one isnt worth fitting up imo

welcome to the forum, nice looking blaster. as far as your search I hope something pops up here, very often I see just the silencer pop up on ebay but other than that you may have to modify a silencer. scratch that, it was one on ebay that had a silencer with end by the coupler cut off and it didn't seam to fit well
Hopefully wait it out and maybe one will show up, got the fatty in mint condition pretty cheap.. patience is a virtue

finding a silencer for these? next to none. you will probably have to modify a different aftermarket one
FMF powercore 2 would work fine, just line it up right and weld good. stock one isnt worth fitting up imo
Actually the pipe is stock, in mint condition little clay color from riding, and no holes whatsoever, yea and I agree the stock isn't worth a crap and looks a big cannon :)

Just recently purchased a lrd fatty off ebay, and was looking for a matching Lrd silencer... can anyone help me on my search... can't find one anywhere on the web... thanks in advance

how bad do you really want one ?
there's one hanging in my shop that i was keeping for sentimental reasons :)
the rear mounting tab has been repaired by me, and has never failed since.
and the long tube out the back has been tastefully cut shorter

post a pic of your pipe, especially the stinger end that the silencer hooks too ?
so i can confirm this will fit.
the adjustable, and maybe some early LRD's take a stright thru design, not the angled connection like a stock pipe.
does it appear a stock silencer will connect to this pipe ?
if so this one I have will fit

lets be sure this is what you need, and then you can make me an offer

this is when i first got it, the flange you see is not the flange on the pipe, but an extension i used at first.
it has been shortened about 3" so it doesn't hang out the back like a vroom vroom muffler on an 84 honda civic :eek:
and the rivets have been replaced with screws for ease of packing replacement.
the silencer works and sounds as it should, maybe slightly louder due to the shortening ?
and was on my bike for 3-4 seasons until i found a CT slincer to match my pipe.

oh, i think i may have had to do a little weld on the expansion pipe side to repair a crack where the pipe meets the canister, that worked and is still in useable condition, but not perfect by any means

silencer_zpsd01e04ff.jpg

post a pic of your pipe, especially the stinger end that the silencer hooks too ?
the adjustable, and maybe some early LRD's take a stright thru design, not the angled connection like a stock pipe.

PIPE-2.JPG

Posted a pic of the pipe, lemme know if you think it may fit..

Posted a pic of the pipe, lemme know if you think it may fit..

yep, the stinger end of that LRD is upswept the same as this silencer came off of, and stock as well as most others.
there are at least 3 that use a straight thru 250r style design, the LRD adjustable, FMF SST and the Dynoports.
not sure if they inter-mix or not ?

this silencer I have will work with that pipe.
lemme double check it's condition again in the next day or so, it's been a couple years since i hung it up.
I'll get you some current pics too,
then do some ebay checking for prices of other used silencers, i'd like it to be fair for both of us,
and message you with a price shipped.

yep, the stinger end of that LRD is upswept the same as this silencer came off of, and stock as well as most others.
there are at least 3 that use a straight thru 250r style design, the LRD adjustable, FMF SST and the Dynoports.
not sure if they inter-mix or not ?

this silencer I have will work with that pipe.
lemme double check it's condition again in the next day or so, it's been a couple years since i hung it up.
I'll get you some current pics too,
then do some ebay checking for prices of other used silencers, i'd like it to be fair for both of us,
and message you with a price shipped.
So in other words, this lrd I have coming in the mail may be adjustable?... take your time I just want a matching exhaust... name your price and get back with me... thanks

So in other words, this lrd I have coming in the mail may be adjustable?... take your time I just want a matching exhaust... name your price and get back with me... thanks

no, i can clearly see the non adjustable upswept stinger, as needed to run this silencer,
and the lack of adjusting brackets/bolts where the big section of an adjustable is split to slide longer/shorter.
(I had one, they leak non stop :( )

you have a regular non adjustable LRD :)
great pipe, you'll luv it !

no, i can clearly see the non adjustable upswept stinger, as needed to run this silencer,
and the lack of adjusting brackets/bolts where the big section of an adjustable is split to slide longer/shorter.

As long as the flange where it meets the cylinder doesn't leak. I'm having issues with that. But other then that they're awesome!

Awesome, looking forward to putting this pipe on and feeling the difference!!
As long as the flange where it meets the cylinder doesn't leak. I'm having issues with that. But other then that they're awesome!
Well with the stock fatty I have on now, it doesn't leak at all, but who knows with the new one...got a few more days before I'll know....hope it fits tight

Awesome, looking forward to putting this pipe on and feeling the difference!!

Well with the stock fatty I have on now, it doesn't leak at all, but who knows with the new one...got a few more days before I'll know....hope it fits tight
There's a groove in the flange that bolts to the cylinder. It's suppose to have a oring there. Also use copper Rtv silicone to help seal. Make sure pipe is clean for good adhesion. Also you may have to use washers to help the spacing on the bracket that bolts to the a arm bolt, so that it sits square in the flange. This is just advise from my experience. It may be different in your bike.

There's a groove in the flange that bolts to the cylinder. It's suppose to have a oring there. Also use copper Rtv silicone to help seal. Make sure pipe is clean for good adhesion. Also you may have to use washers to help the spacing on the bracket that bolts to the a arm bolt, so that it sits square in the flange. This is just advise from my experience. It may be different in your bike.
Ok sounds good, thanks for the tips, I'll watch out for those..

To run the LRD pipe you pretty much NEED the LRD flange.

flanges for these babies are hard to come by as they are different than any other. they are longer.

also, if you have a good local store, try finding an o-ring to go in the flange (if you get the LRD one)
where the rtv copper will work (for 5 minutes) an o-ring would be better.

the LRD pipe itself never had perfect mounting points. even if you mount that to the a-arm bolt, it still moves (you will need to make a piece for that)
the pipe tends to twist a little bit, which causes the rtv copper to get torn. and also thats why i ripped my silencer to pipe connector in half
i upgraded to one made for a turbo, and have not seen it move yet :D

To run the LRD pipe you pretty much NEED the LRD flange.

flanges for these babies are hard to come by as they are different than any other. they are longer.

also, if you have a good local store, try finding an o-ring to go in the flange (if you get the LRD one)
where the rtv copper will work (for 5 minutes) an o-ring would be better.

the LRD pipe itself never had perfect mounting points. even if you mount that to the a-arm bolt, it still moves (you will need to make a piece for that)
the pipe tends to twist a little bit, which causes the rtv copper to get torn. and also thats why i ripped my silencer to pipe connector in half
i upgraded to one made for a turbo, and have not seen it move yet :D
Yea I ordered that same fitting. If I remember you told me about it.

Now that I re-read your post, the LRD exhaust your talking about was on ebay starting @150, not sure what he's smoking, but it must be good... I snagged this one up for $110( the one pictured) because it was listed as a dirt bike pipe, they didn't know what they had....I capatilized on the situation...lol

Reactions: Awk08