[Need help]Ricky Stator stator coil

Painthehouse

Dec 8, 2010
Ireland
I cant find any decent lighting system for my Yamaha Blaster so I was looking around for a stator coil. Here's what I found.Couple of questions.

Is Ricky Stator a good place to be buying parts from?

Is there any guides to fit the coil?

Thanks for the help.

Ricky stator is probably the most used aftermarket stator on this sight second only to stock or oem but yes they are good. and what guides do you speak of?

I know a guy that was running one with a set of stock banshee headlights. He ran it for nearly a year before he sold it with it in there. I'm not sure about how well they last in the long run, he only had it about a year but it worked well while he had it.

i have one on my kfx for desert lights for 3 years now havent had a problem yet. ive heard they are pretty good about replacing defective products if u do have a problem

I've got the complete 75 watt stator with the adjustable timing plate. I've used it for a year or so on my Blaster with stock Banshee lights. No problems. I think if you bought that coil and just went to work on it, it should be pretty obvious how it goes together.

Thanks for the info. Is there any guides on how to replace the stator coil? Think I know well enough but just to help out.

just make sure the wires are on the outside of the little groove on the back of the plate..or they will get caught between the back of the stator plate and case and end up breaking...and use tiny zip ties to hold it just like the stock ones did

i have heard some bad things about their high output stators...mostly from banshee guys saying the are bad news

ive heard that about shees too but ive been running the ho 75watt stator for a good while now with zero problems. i will let you guys know if it ever does go. so far i love mine

I've got one on my tecate as well as a diy rewrapped stator that puts out gobs more power... But that's a different story!

I've had very good results with ricky for over a year now.

Last edited: