need help jetting!!!!

Copenhagen_boy

Mar 30, 2014
I have a 05 blaster, bored .20 over, v force 3 reeds, and full pro circuit exhaust. I tried a 260 main but was srill lean, i now have a 270 main and am still lean.. pilot Is stock and needle position is stock.. need help

hows your timing? go buy bigger jets,i have simular mods and im at 310,but there not same mods so dont take it to seriously lol.

If you are lean with a 260, go big and jump to a 300. Jets are five dollars each top ends are two to three hundred. I would buy from a 270 - 310. start big and work your way down. I run Pro Circuit pipes on two of mine and run 280 and a 290. Premixed at 32:1, no lid foam filter.

Hiya. You should be aiming at the 300 range!!! I would thumbsuck 300-320.
Try a 300 and do a plugchop. My gut would say 310 with middle clip on needle, but it MUST be checked on your bike, as no two engines are identical.

I have a 05 blaster, bored .20 over, v force 3 reeds, and full pro circuit exhaust. I tried a 260 main but was srill lean, i now have a 270 main and am still lean.. pilot Is stock and needle position is stock.. need help
Stock filter, lid on, no leaks
These mods should call for #270 - #280.

I presume you mix at 32:1, therefore a #290 should return a satisfactory smoke ring with a WOT plug chop.

What was the results of the leak test.? Did you do it at the plug hole or at the carby boot?

Are you using genuine jets?

Is the float level at between 20 - 21.5mm?

Is the exhaust fitting leak free.

Is the brass washer under the main jet?

Is the tank vent free to allow passage of air?

Does a constant stream of fuel flow when the float bowl drain is opened?

Yes genuine jets,

Not sure about the floats,

Exhaust leaks at the fitting,

No brass washer ,easnt there when i took it apart,

Yea tank vent is free,

And yes constant flow..

must...
have the brass washer
set the floats
seal the exhaust

or...chase your tail :)