Need extended a-arms for 2000 Blaster, help?

blaster750

Mar 7, 2011
Centerville, IA
i'm having trouble finding extended a-arms for 2000blaster. If someone has used ones for sale or trade please,please let me know. Or if you know where to buy them new that would help also.Thanks

Good luck, so is everyone else... Most end up buying new ones (unless they find a deal which gets snapped up QUICKLY)

There are a few options however, you can get a diamond j "widening kit" if you just want it wider. It doesn't help articulation and induces more bumpsteer but it's an option.

Strokedtater modifies stock a-arms by adding 2" in length. He does whole sets at a time. You take your suspension apart and mail it to him and he modifies it. You reinstall when it arrives.

I started making a-arm kits, too. Complete +3" width +1" forward replacement arms. They're more expensive than tater's gig, however. $375 plus shipping for arms, new ball joints, and new tie rods.

Good luck, so is everyone else... Most end up buying new ones (unless they find a deal which gets snapped up QUICKLY)

There are a few options however, you can get a diamond j "widening kit" if you just want it wider. It doesn't help articulation and induces more bumpsteer but it's an option.

Strokedtater modifies stock a-arms by adding 2" in length. He does whole sets at a time. You take your suspension apart and mail it to him and he modifies it. You reinstall when it arrives.

I started making a-arm kits, too. Complete +3" width +1" forward replacement arms. They're more expensive than tater's gig, however. $375 plus shipping for arms, new ball joints, and new tie rods.

I would of said you civic but didnt know if you were in full swing with this yet sorry bro I:I

thanks for all the links guys. i didnt know you could get a widening kit. are the widening kits ok to do some minor jumping and racing with? I used to race minis as a kid but its been a long time as you can tell and i'm completely new to the quad scene.

I wouldn't get the widening kit for jumping and racing. It's only for trail riding and wanting your ride a little wider. It doesn't correct any of the deficencies of the stock suspension and make one of them worse... bump steer.

If you only have a limited amount of funds, stroked tater widens the stock arms. They're an improvment but still have the stock geometry and non-replacable ball joints.

I'm not ever going to be in "full production" because I only anticipate selling a total of like 10 sets. This is NOT a business for me, only some side money and helping my blaster bro's out. I'll do sets as they come floating by, when people request.

I wouldn't get the widening kit for jumping and racing. It's only for trail riding and wanting your ride a little wider. It doesn't correct any of the deficencies of the stock suspension and make one of them worse... bump steer.

If you only have a limited amount of funds, stroked tater widens the stock arms. They're an improvment but still have the stock geometry and non-replacable ball joints.

I'm not ever going to be in "full production" because I only anticipate selling a total of like 10 sets. This is NOT a business for me, only some side money and helping my blaster bro's out. I'll do sets as they come floating by, when people request.

do you take stocks and widen em or do you find a pair and put them to spec?

The a-arms I make are new from scratch. I order lengths of 4130 alloy aircraft tubing and cut it and shape it to form it to my jig I built.

I include 4 new ball joints, two yamaha stock replacement ball joints (to fit a yamaha grizzly) for the upper joints and two ricky stator aftermarket threaded rod ball joints with the yamaha taper for the lower ball joints.