need electrical HELP!!!!

rtaylor15

Apr 14, 2010
Edmonton, Ab
I started puting the electrical on the bike today and just not to sure where everything thing goes. I will post pictures in a min from my phone of what im cunfused with. thanks for the help!

pic of the headlight wires ( im not using this )
kb23c4.jpg

this is the plug coming out from the front brake lever
2vacncn.jpg

this is the plug coming out of the clutch lever/park brake
21edk4x.jpg

wires coming out of the light/kill switch (im guessing high and low beam for headlight that im not using??)
2wel403.jpg

brown & yellow plug coming out of wiring harness
fp5mys.jpg

green,black,brown wires from wiring harness
mcx3iu.jpg

It's easy. Just look at the wire colors. You can see what color the wires from the headlight are and match that to the wire harness. Are wires have a color and are ether a plain color or a color with a different color stripe on it.

Reactions: rtaylor15
Here's my vid on how to get rid of the TORS system...It might help you get things simplified and sorted out; I tried to explain the wiring system in detail on here.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's easy. Just look at the wire colors. You can see what color the wires from the headlight are and match that to the wire harness. Are wires have a color and are ether a plain color or a color with a different color stripe on it.

that is how i started and was happy how easy it was going lol and then these are what i have left over. if i take away the headlight and what colours would match up with them i still have the plug from the front brake lever and another one from the clutch lever and one on the wiring harness left over. and i just wanted to make sure that the other wires left over fromt he kill switch/ lights were only for the headlight.

that is how i started and was happy how easy it was going lol and then these are what i have left over. if i take away the headlight and what colours would match up with them i still have the plug from the front brake lever[I would say that is for the brake light] and another one from the clutch lever[Have no idea] and one on the wiring harnessNot sure left over. and i just wanted to make sure that the other wires left over fromt he kill switch/ lights were only for the headlight.

See in bold, not much help but...

Edit the parking brake one i believe is a secondary kill switch, ie parking brake on - won't start

Ok so the park brake is not needed? The grenn and yellow coming from light/kill switch is headlights? The green black brown is for tail light and oil light? Witch would mean the plug from front brake lever would go into the final plug from wiring harness? Wires from front brake lever-both solid black, plug from wire harness- yellow, brown both solid

Sounds to me like you dont need any of those wires. They are all lights that you are not using? I would assume the ones on the front brake lever are for a brake light switch.

yes i am not using any headlight or taillight. so just to make sure the wires from both the clutch lever and brake lever are not needed? the wires coming from the light switch are for the lights and not the kill switch?