My first shot a hydraulic rear brakes...(thanks Awk for answering questions)

soon2b

Jan 13, 2013
Be easy im not really into fabracation, just needed something to help my son stop. Alot of thanks goes out to Awk for helping with some questions, instead of just telling me to buy his kits.

1q1t08.jpg

30wl5w5.jpg

5lz72v.jpg

177993.jpg

23v4f4.jpg

kcy1hz.jpg

312bx50.jpg

Reactions: ryguy21s22
Looks good for a non fabricator.Not nearly as nice or strong as awks setup but you did good for your attempt at it.How do they work? Big difffernce compared to those crappy mechanical brakes!!Nice job and two thumbs up to awk for helping you out!!!

we havent got to put those to use yet, we are missing one of the banjo bolts. We had to order that online so it wont be here till late this week. Im just curious where do you think the weak point is. I thaught it was really strong just could have been prettier. In my opinion

Reactions: Larry's Shee
nice fab work bro !
glad i could help

when that banjo bolt shows up......you're going to want to leave the rezzie lid off and kept full of fluid at all times,
have the caliper unbolted from the carrier and flipped upside down, with the bleeders facing upwards for bleeding the system.
helps get the air out of the caliper crossover.

as for strength ?
is that aluminum or steel ?
if aluminum what ?
i use .190 6061 for my caliper brackets,
and .125 for the master bracket (eaiser to bend, 0 failures)
the few failures that have occured were all produced by getting rearended by another atv, bending the bracket,
or a bent brake disc, which slightly wobbles the bracket until it breaks.
most of those were on one of my bikes, the few customers that had a failure all had new brackets shipped out within 24 hours.
those handfull of bracket failures have all been in the vicinity of this red circle, (1st pic)
yours does appear to be thin in that area ?,
continue that area like the red line in the second pic, to add some strength in that area....... on your next bracket.

k1xg5d.jpg

a09wzk.jpg

Reactions: ryguy21s22
The master bracket is aluminum not sure of the thickness, I struggled to bend it by hand. The caliper bracket is steel. I also hate that narrow spot. I have already altered my template to redo that bracket

The master bracket is aluminum not sure of the thickness, I struggled to bend it by hand. The caliper bracket is steel. I also hate that narrow spot. I have already altered my template to redo that bracket

gotta throw some heat on that aluminum to bend it.
you'll be just fine with steel caliper bracket !
i still have the 10 or so original cardboard templates that failed/got changed while perfecting my design.

so question..... what did it cost you??

35 bucks plus shipping for the caliber master cylinder and resevoir on eBay. Everything else was just scrap stuff I had laying round the house. I'm also out 7 dollars for the banjo bolt and washers that we lost to finish up the project

35 bucks plus shipping for the caliber master cylinder and resevoir on eBay. Everything else was just scrap stuff I had laying round the house. I'm also out 7 dollars for the banjo bolt and washers that we lost to finish up the project

you found a deal for $35
although i try to buy the nicest looking gsxr stuff for my kits as i can, decent shape complete set-ups are getting harder and harder to find for under $65/85

yeah when i seen the price i was like if i want to try it now is the time. I just cant wait to get it bled, and see how much of a diffrence its going to be.