My first blaster!

454jz

Sep 30, 2013
Florida
Picked up this 03 blaster on trade the other day I think I'm really going to like it.

11uexcg.jpg

fd9kdl.jpg

Might go with no front fenders
xo2sch.jpg

Looks good! I love the burgundy frames with white plastics! Looks like a good clean bike. Now is the time to go over it thoroughly and preform a leak down test.

Fred

Looks good! I love the burgundy frames with white plastics! Looks like a good clean bike. Now is the time to go over it thoroughly and preform a leak down test.

Fred

Thanks man!!...I haven't looked it over completely yet but so far I know it needs new sprockets and a chain. The motor looks clean no signs of leaks but like I said I haven't checked it over completely.

looks like a good trade !
welcome to BF.

looks like a good trade !
welcome to BF.

Thanks man! It's missing a plastic shield on the right side that connects to the rear fender you can see it in the first pic I've noticed alot of blasters missing this what does it do and is it nessacary??

Thanks man! It's missing a plastic shield on the right side that connects to the rear fender you can see it in the first pic I've noticed alot of blasters missing this what does it do and is it nessacary??

thats the heelgaurd, it keeps your foot out of the tire.
they're neccessary to me...
almost lost my foot (seriously)

you can search ebay for a used one, or switch to the rappy/yfz heelgaurds

Definitly get or make some kind of heel guard. New Feet are hard to come by! If you need a leak tester, I'm pretty sure AWK makes and sells them.

Definitly get or make some kind of heel guard. New Feet are hard to come by! If you need a leak tester, I'm pretty sure AWK makes and sells them.

Haha yeah I'm going to browse eBay for one tonight. I don't know if need one or not compression feels great starts on the first kick from what I was told it was used mostly to pull a race car

Haha yeah I'm going to browse eBay for one tonight. I don't know if need one or not compression feels great starts on the first kick from what I was told it was used mostly to pull a race car

I know i shouldnt be the one talking about pulling....

But it may not be such a great deal if a 2-stroke was used for pulling...

I blew mine up pulling another BLASTER, much less a "race" car!!!:eek:

Sure i could have got it fixed for ~$200, but i ended up throwing ~$600 into it...

I know i shouldnt be the one talking about pulling....

But it may not be such a great deal if a 2-stroke was used for pulling...

I blew mine up pulling another BLASTER, much less a "race" car!!!:eek:

Sure i could have got it fixed for ~$200, but i ended up throwing ~$600 into it...

Well that's a enough to make me nervous lol. Well there not to costly to rebuild and it would be a great excuse to do a 240 kit!

Welcome to the forum, Nice looking Blatser.

Thanks man I honestly got thing with the intention to resell/trade it but after looking through the forum I think my new blaster might of found a permanent home! I got the new sprockets and chain coming, next I want to do some 4 inch wheel spacers and a full fmf exhaust! Can't wait to ride it with the new sprockets I haven't been able to get the front tires off the ground and it's driving me crazy!!!

thats the heelgaurd, it keeps your foot out of the tire.
they're neccessary to me...
almost lost my foot (seriously)

you can search ebay for a used one, or switch to the rappy/yfz heelgaurds

Awk did you run yourself over with the ATV you were riding just like I did?

it was 2011 or 2012 awk mtn wasent it? you had to get lifeflighted out dident you?
yea light holeshot 19x6-10 18inch rears and a honda 450r shock will do it i added a 450r shock and it wheelies all the time when i hit even a small speed bump and crack the throttle even a little. which it interesting since i have no rear breaks (smirk)