my build my budget (cheap)

Jul 5, 2015
wabash, IN
First thing I did was plastidip my purple plastics black. And recovered my seat with a seat cover on clearance for like 5 bucks at Wal-Mart. I've never done a seat cover before so didn't want to buy one without trying it first. Eventually I'll get a decent cover and do it right. The cover from Wal-Mart is thin so I put it over top the old cover keep from soaking up water if wet.

Currently I'm running a dg pipe and silencer. Not great but I've been told better than stock. Vented air box with I'm assuming uni filter. 230 main jet. Stock suspension.

My plan Was to build a trail bike but looking at a membership to my local track for 50 bucks a year and volunteer time sounds very tempting. So may be both track and trail.
So far what I got is new jets. 270, 280, 290. I just got my vforce 4 reeds in the mail yesterday. 400ex shock the day before. And I'm currently waiting on my top end from KOR. Jus_ me provided the cylinder. Thanks again man. I can't wait. I Still have some life left in my motor don't know if I should just do the swap or wait til mine is done. Decisions Decisions. Lol

There's a set of banshee shocks close to me I've been eyeing. Kinda holding out for some better shocks though.

Now if I remove the air box lid will it be too much for the 290 main jet with what I have and what's coming? I want to optimize the higher flow rate of the vf4..

I still run the injector. How do you bleed it? Unhook and fill tank until comes out of hose towards the pump and hook back up?

There is a bleed screw on pump, has a red or copper colored washer on it. Remove, let oil flow out until no more air bubbles.

Suspension is the best place e to start to go faster !! I would not waste money on stock shee shocks. Used works can be had for as little as $100 , Warrior and Banshee who is are same length.

Is your new cyl ported? Makes a diff for jettig. Your next power adder should be a pipe.

Today is a good day. My package arrived from KOR last night and was waiting for me when I got to work this morning. Looks great. Can't wait to get started tonight.

The intake manifold has a rubber seal that "should" seal it. Sometimes in the past they get over torqued and tend to warp a little. You may find that you need a little Yamabond or similar sealant to get it to seal air tight. That spot is one of the most common places for air leaks.

As far as the next upgrade I would certainly go with a pipe to get the most out of everything. Everything matched to a decent pipe will make a world of difference..

Yeah I know I need a new pipe. I've spent what I can for now. Kids and bills took the rest of what I had. Lol. That's life. l Should have jumped on that fatty but like a dumbass let it slip by. I'll keep looking tho. Another deal will come eventually. I've messaged a few people here but haven't been in my price range.

wait so warrior shocks will also fit on a blaster? I found a local pair of works of a warrior and didnt think they would fit.
The Works on my Blaster were from a Warrior, I had to change the springs to a lighter one , they were way too stiff on a light Blaster.

Reactions: pudvah
Same oil, same mix? Without going back through the thread. You just did a top end right?