my $200 blaster project

If its a flip id say go cheaper but atleast somewhat reliable, in that case id try a nimura piston, wiseco bottom end, koyo bearings. Get her broken in with proper heat cycles n call it a day. If it was yours to keep than id put the extra money on parts for piece of mind.
that is almost exactly what I plan on doing;) but im gonna run this http://www.ebay.com/itm/CYLINDER-PI...Parts_Accessories&hash=item2588a35b73&vxp=mtr i know some are against these cylinders but after chamfering the ports and measuring the piston to cylinder clearance im confident in it.

Last edited by a moderator:
They are ACTUALY american made, right off their website. they are in Ohio.
wiseco pistons are american made. the cranks are made in china. i had one in my kx300 big bore. the main connecting rod bearing failed which is the always the issue. it took out the top, bottom of a very expensive motor. they also have been known to break in half. stay away from the cranks. pistons are fine. oh, and those cheap ass plastic stuffers will melt and fall aoart inside your motor. buyer beware.

I just checked my install list, i put in a wiseco pro light piston, and hot rods crank with oem bearings.... That was the cheaper reliable set up i did, my mistake was spending extra money on dealer oem bearings but my paranoid self spent the extra for reasurence. Not sure of hot rods reputation but iv known alot of ppl to run them.

the hotrods are my choice behind a rebuilt OEM crank

Parts are starting to come in.
Screenshot_2014-08-08-20-38-17.png

Reactions: dirtysquared
Well I got the bottom end together today.
Screenshot_2014-08-10-22-39-39.png

Screenshot_2014-08-10-22-39-47.png

then i went to put on the top end on and then I put on my cometic base gasket..and it doeant fit:mad:
Screenshot_2014-08-10-22-39-54.png

Screenshot_2014-08-10-22-40-10.png

i ordered the gaskets from rocky mountain atv so im going to email them tomorrow and get this figured out. i was hoping to have this thing running by the end of today, but that gasket but a end to that:(