my $200 blaster project

Aug 8, 2013
missouri
Screenshot_2014-07-31-20-49-12.png
Screenshot_2014-07-31-20-49-05.png

Well i split the cases and found one of the crank thrust washer had came apart:(
Screenshot_2014-08-01-17-11-28.png
Screenshot_2014-08-01-17-11-39.png
and i cleaned it up with the pressure washer, put the rest of the plastic on it, then sat on it and made some 2 stroke sounds:)
Screenshot_2014-08-01-17-11-48.png

I wish I could find a complete blaster in my area that needs a engine rebuild for 200. For that price I can only get half a roller. I really need some cases that aren't all hacked up. It's becoming a chore, most cases are all mangled up from people trying to split them with screwdrivers or they are cracked/broken. Especially the left side from the chain.

I've never used one, but from what I have read and heard, the cranks are Chinese crap. Your Best bet is if its a OEM Yamaha Crank, get it rebuilt, Buy Koyo Main Bearings, and seals. A good set of oil seals, and Gaskets isn't going to set you back much more than that Kit costs, Plus you'll have peace of mind knowing your crank is sound.

Im running wiseco crank and piston, new oem bearings, and all new oem bearings in trans, the expensive part i thought was paying $150 for trans bearings. I like my wiseco havnt had any issues n the dealer recommended using it as well as me heargood things, def not chinease junk IMO. plus they are american made im pretty sure n have very high reviews... Nimura is the chinease brand

Wiesco crankshafts according to Google are Chinese made.

On the brighter side, we had a Chinaman for years and abused the living day lights of it, as far as I can recall after selling it it is still running strong!

The reason I want to run a wiseco bottom end is it will probably be $100 cheaper than a kor crank and a bunch of oem stuff. Im doing this so I can flip it and hopefully make money on it. And after doing the math for this project I cant afford to put another $100 in the bottom end

If its a flip id say go cheaper but atleast somewhat reliable, in that case id try a nimura piston, wiseco bottom end, koyo bearings. Get her broken in with proper heat cycles n call it a day. If it was yours to keep than id put the extra money on parts for piece of mind.