My 1st Blaster

Got the axle together. Just need to torque the hub nuts and install cotter pins. Also do up the axle nut. Have got the axle setup to the widest setting. May change it when I have it as a rolling frame.

DSCN4601_zpsg6d0n75e.jpg

DSCN4602_zps5krnayyr.jpg

Tomorrow night I plan on getting the axle onto the swing arm.

Reactions: 82cutty
Nice looking good..the front wheels width should be 1 to 2 inches wider then the rear axle for the best handling and stability. I believe im 50 in the front and 48on the back

Reactions: Markblaster
At moment for engine. I have re-chambered head, Lightened flywheel, extra spark plugs. Oil pump removed and block off plate installed. Custom oil pump cover made. Aluminum stator cover with built in chain guard. Reeds, top end all done end in 2015 and was used 4 or 5 times before I stripped it. Will have a look over them when I start work on engine. also need to find the oil leak.

Na fire not slowing me down. :) I think they are all out now.
Waiting on my tires to get installed on rims. then I can get it a rolling frame.
Been a little lazy last 2 and not done any thing on it apart from tidy up in shed.
When I get my wheels I will be back into it and got to start working on the engine.

Picked up my wheels last night and tonight I got them on the blaster. Tightened up the axle hub nuts and wheel nuts. Still have to do the main center axle axle.Rear rear is not on the widest setting. Could go 2" on each side but didn't want it to wide or wider then the front.

DSCN4639_zpsxzvomf9u.jpg

DSCN4640_zpsdwimxshw.jpg

DSCN4641_zpsvqlq6rpp.jpg

DSCN4642_zpskwjypflg.jpg

DSCN4643_zps68p3iszg.jpg

DSCN4644_zpstte7lnfp.jpg

Got main axle nut done up. Front and rear brake lines fitted. Carb stripped and clean ready for rebuild. Needle was on middle slip and had a 290 jet in it. Also stripped the muffler and started cleaning it ready to be repacked.

Last edited:
Just been sorting out little bits and making a list of stuff still to do.

Jet out of the carb (Will be replace)
20170304_140811_zpsvgnldtga.jpg

Needle out of the carb.
20170304_140234_zpst2pun3dv.jpg

Muffler stripped and started to clean it.
DSCN4659_zpsdm1xngb1.jpg

Brake lines installed. Love this brake system. You can change the ends to what ever you want. I ordered straight, 20 degree, 45 degree and 90 degree banjo's.
DSCN4645_zpsoexvjeqa.jpg

DSCN4648_zpsppd7tfku.jpg

All the front end is still loose as I have to still do wheel alignment.
DSCN4651_zpsanj6t5xc.jpg

DSCN4652_zpsmvclwjrn.jpg

DSCN4653_zpsdrggmeq2.jpg

DSCN4656_zpsfm7ww0fx.jpg

DSCN4655_zpss96euxyv.jpg

One tip DONT buy the allen key style banjo bolts. They are a bloody pain in the ass to do up in tight spots like the front calipers and rear master cylinder.

I love the look of the button head style banjo bolts.
Brake lines that you can change the ends is awesome! Where did you get them?

I love the look of the button head style banjo bolts.
Brake lines that you can change the ends is awesome! Where did you get them?

Yeah I like the look of them too but a bit of a pain to do up. Brake lines are Venhill Powerhose Plus. I got mine off a seller on ebay. Here: http://www.ebay.com/usr/up-the-shop

Website: http://www.venhill.co.uk/Hoses_-_Components_&_Lines/POWERHOSE_PLUS

This is cool as you can pick the parts and it likes a image of what you brake line will look like.
http://www.venhill.co.uk/Line_Builder

Reactions: 79 bronco
Removed the sprocket and fly wheel off engine last night. Wow the stator and magnets are dirty as one of then lady's you see on the street corner. Good thing I have a nice clean lightened fly wheel to go on. Going to give the engine a clean and leak test after I remove the stator. Do more on it tonight.