My 1st Blaster

Got stuck into the fenders tonight. Making them fit as they are the last thing I need to check before stripping the bike before it goes to blaster/powder coat.

DSCN3669_zpsuenymb6d.jpg

DSCN3671_zpsxgt46iqr.jpg

Drilled out the rivets and removed the air-box.

Will not fit.
DSCN4333_zpszgeawgjf.jpg

DSCN4334_zpsd6obmkqx.jpg

DSCN4335_zpsj5qyd8ye.jpg

That feeling of cutting into a $250 fender. :eek: Still need to smooth the edges.
DSCN4336_zps7kybcmvi.jpg

DSCN4337_zpsrwcfhnto.jpg

DSCN4338_zpsdfv2h0on.jpg

DSCN4339_zpsdprq3lxq.jpg

DSCN4340_zpsxo07o3dk.jpg

Going to be making a bracket for here to mount out the to hole on the part of fender sticking down.
DSCN4341_zpse2ov4qq5.jpg

Then I moved onto the front.
DSCN4342_zpsawkjpzfn.jpg

DSCN4343_zpsra9t72fx.jpg

DSCN4344_zpsikd405oh.jpg

Need to do one little bit of work on the tank cover. Its over lapped the front fender a little on one side. Just needs a little file just before the bolt.
DSCN4346_zpscsp79zvz.jpg

Exhaust is every close at this part.
DSCN4349_zpsj1sjv5mx.jpg

DSCN4350_zpsllljzyvx.jpg

Rubbish.
DSCN4351_zpsqnsst91l.jpg

Also test fitted my seat.
DSCN4347_zpslyzdmrst.jpg

Will be back onto it tomorrow after work.

Smoothed out the edges. Also got the tank and front fender fitting on perfect now.
DSCN4353_zpshoql1nqn.jpg

Got the hood on tonight. 2nd Honda part to go on a Yamaha. :oops:

Only bit of cutting to make it fit.
DSCN4354_zpstbddm5ek.jpg

Drilling holes in a new $200 front fender. :confused:
DSCN4352_zpshdn8pa8l.jpg

DSCN4355_zpsxkywr3qm.jpg

Spent a hour in bolt shop today getting all the bolts, washers, nuts, split pins for my blaster. Had to get them to order some part they didn't have in stock that I will have next Week. :) Just finished putting them into my storage containers.

Still need to make a list of bolts for the engine. Get some bling ones to replace screw heads.

Bolts, washers, nuts, pins.
DSCN4370_zpskjqv2ku4.jpg

If any one wants to make there own flywheel tool.
Flywheel%20tool-01_zpsbgnqjqev.jpg

When I brought the blaster I was given this set of tyres with it for free. Sold them with a lot of the stock parts I removed off the bike.
COOLPIX%20P500081_zpsm8cxcyyj.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: BlasterCR
DSCN4370_zpskjqv2ku4.jpg

When I brought the blaster I was given this set of tyres with it for free. Sold them with a lot of the stock parts I removed off the bike.
DSCN4370_zpskjqv2ku4.jpg

When I brought the blaster I was given this set of tyres with it for free. Sold them
DSCN4370_zpskjqv2ku4.jpg

Pretty sick atv, just sign in onto this forum. I'm from Costa Rica and I want to rebuild my blaster. I have some questions. Is there a mobile phone app or something or just online forum? Another one, very important . Where I can get those air scoops ? I can't find them. Pretty sick job I'll be following your progress

Spent today striping the blaster getting it ready for the last couple of bits of welding and then its off to blaster/coater.

Glad I made a leak tester. Engine has a oil leak. Looks like trans oil.
20161111_124427_zps0k44zdkd.jpg

Fitted the Rear brake cover.
20161111_141959_zpsqukckukx.jpg

Made the middle spacer fit on both sides. Had to hit the mounts out a little and also removed 0.20mm off both ends of the spacer as the tabs wouldn't move any more.
20161111_180949_zpskavxuahb.jpg

Removed the front T brake line mount.
20161111_181552_zpsca0v8dtl.jpg

Over the weekend I will be getting all the parts into a box ready to take with the frame to get blasted and coated. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 79 bronco
Frame and swing arm dropped off to engineer shop for the last bits of welding today. Cannot wait to get it back as it will be off to the powder coat shop next. :rolleyes:

Got a billet stem clamp. Quality is very nice. Square shape o-rings that fit in the slots perfect. Polished bling.
DSCN4398_zpspftya1kh.jpg

DSCN4399_zpsviaaodol.jpg

Got all the parts sorted out that I need powder coated.
DSCN4401_zpscr5wfo3q.jpg

DSCN4405_zpshx1wzxpz.jpg

Finished drawing up the A arm skid plates. Just need to get them cut, bent, tig welded.

Dropped the frame and parts off tonight to shop to get blasted and powdered. :)

Also got a extra axle spacer that I will be drilling some holes in for grease to pass through onto the inside of it and onto the axle.
DSCN4409_zpsr0odcff6.jpg

Emailed the file off to mate to cnc cut a skid plate test out of 1mm aluminum so I can check it all over.
A%20Arm%20Skid%20Plate_zpsxaoew0jg.jpg

Thanks dude. Man this waiting for the phone call from the powder coat shop is killing me. I cannot wait to get it and show photos of it.

Reactions: bigcody24
Thanks dude. Man this waiting for the phone call from the powder coat shop is killing me. I cannot wait to get it and show photos of it.

I bet, I get like that too. I got a batch of parts I'm waiting on now. Holidays are making the shipping take longer. I'm ready for everything to arrive so I can start installing it lol. So I understand exactly what you mean. Are you close to completing it once back from powder coating?

Yeah. waiting suck. Will be building it over xmas as I have 3 weeks off work. Will pretty much a rolling frame apart from tires as i need to get some. Engine I still need to do work on.