my 150$$ money pit

Mborso1029

Oct 2, 2009
SouthEast MI
this is the project money pit i purchased a few weeks ago. i payed 150.00 for it. when i got there to buy it the swingarm bolt was takin out but the shock was still bolted up correctly to the swingarm and frame. and no rear tires, the kid i bought it from told me it was a little better shape than it was when igot there. in the pics it looked like it was fully assembled with just the engine removed. well i get there and the swingarm bolt was out so the rear axle was sitting weird, and was left outside for the last 6 months too i guess so there was weeds and stuff growing over top of it. well ontop of it not looking like it did in the pics he sent, i go in the garage to look at the engine and both covers are off and the cylinders off with the crank fully exposed nothing covering it. with spider webs and stuff all over the crank...he then proceeds to tell me that the cylinder is .80 over. im not sure if he thought that i didnt know what i was talking about er what but i instantly relized that very well could need a new jug. even though on the phone he told me it just needs new bore and piston. so i look over it, offer 150 if he reattches the swingarm and bolts the tires on, and fills them with air, and i walk out of there with a rolling chassis

i get it home bolt everything together. and i got 125-130 psi out of the cylinder....no scratches or markings in either cylinder or piston besides some surface rrust which i cleanned up wiith some emery cloth. thats where i am now with the engine im not sure if its gonna start or not bc i tore the frame down for a well needed PC job

heres some pics

10rtj07.jpg

35mek2a.jpg

33m21kn.jpg

modding the F out of it....its getting a +3stroker and a ported vitos BB for sure. im about to take some more pics of how far i am with it now, these are from about a week ago. i bought it as a full length winter project that i can just blow some money on. i know people that have some like 99 400ex's and they were talking some smack, so i decided just throw some big money at it so in the spring i can show them how cool blaster really are ;) there 400s are completey stock and are just outright gay

thanks im gonna try and keep pics up to date, its off to Powdercoat tomarrow, im not sure what i should do with the rear hubs though...i bought the modified spindles to accept banshee front hydros, and i sandblasted the damn rear hubs already and now im thinkin i should just wait and find some rear banshee hubs to go with that banshee axle i hear theres more options for wheels for the bolt pattern

Looks like a decent start. Keep us updated and dont forget the pics. We love pics on here...LOL

i tihnk banshee front are a big difference over the stockers.i have them and i have no complaints to say about them.if you havent had banshee front then you really cant say nothin about them cuz you dont know how they ride.^^ not saying you havent rode or had them before just saying