mx tips!!!!

blaster8wg

Feb 14, 2009
Cory Indiana
i might be racing some mx this year and never done it before so anyone out there that has had any experience racing, or jumping please give me some tips! thanx I:I

i'm also interested in this...i'll be tearing around a couple tracks this year just for fun i think, but still want to have some ideas so i can tear up those 4 pokes lol

ive never raced but i can tell you its all rytham. learn how to be in the right gear at all times.

About the best thing you can do is get seat time. Ride as much as you can so you don't get tired. At the tracks that I've run there only 4 laps but most guys can only go all out for 2 of them. It makes it easy to pass them when there tired and your not.
Another tip, make sure your quad is ready to go. Nothing sucks more then showing up at the track and having a worn out part finally break on you

About the best thing you can do is get seat time. Ride as much as you can so you don't get tired. At the tracks that I've run there only 4 laps but most guys can only go all out for 2 of them. It makes it easy to pass them when there tired and your not.
Another tip, make sure your quad is ready to go. Nothing sucks more then showing up at the track and having a worn out part finally break on you

+1. Racing quads takes a toll on yours. You better make sure you have some extra dough to dish out. Inspecting your quad is extremely important. Dont chance ANY part that could cause a malfunction. Your machine has to be running in tip top condition!

this is great info, my info is what 245 said, get in shape and practice till ur wornout , i'm gonn be hitting the track a million times this year just to get ready.

yeah, it really is more about you and not your quad....
unless you are going to big nationals then most of the people are in bad shape lol...

so basically dont put yourself in danger by trying to get around the person right away, wait for them to get tired or make a mistake before passing....
(I crashed last year by passing to soon, lol I was going for first)

and jumping, just roll the jumps for the first couple laps in practice. get a feel for them before you actually hit them fast....

1.get a feel for the track your on as soon as possible, if you dont know the track you cant take it at full speed

2.always blip the throttle before you take off a jump, this will get your front wheels higher

3.have fun

expect for your arms to be exhausted by the end of the first moto haha it gets really rough out there and make sure you follow lines because if you get into some thick dirty you will bog down really easy and always keep your rpm's high in the corners

1.get a feel for the track your on as soon as possible, if you dont know the track you cant take it at full speed

2.always blip the throttle before you take off a jump, this will get your front wheels higher

3.have fun

you are never supposed to blip the throttle before a jump... you should to keep the throttle steady....

unless the take off ramp is shorter then your quad, then you blip the throttle

ur setup seems fine, you got, suspension and width covered and thats a biggie......but on your first couple of races dont push it, just try to finish the race and HAVE FUN doing it

whoops are somthing that practice makes perfect on, there are lots of different whoops i've seen, big spread apart ones or small close up ones, the major thing i do is try tokeep m front up to maintain speed.

Hre is a video of my 11 year old son. I'm alittle biased :} but he has real good form. Smooth is faster. He is new to the blaster's, but has won nationals on mini's by being smooth and using proper technique.

Last edited by a moderator: