melted plug

Mar 29, 2007
pennsylvania
i mentioned this before- i think my carb bowl drains when i have it pinned for like 30 seconds, causing it to run lean. well the other day i was riding up a dirt road pinned in 6th for a few seconds when she lost power and started back firing. tried restarting it a bunch of times, ended up just towing it back to the truck. seemed to me like the flywheel key sheared. took it apart today, spark plug ground electrode melted and bridged the gap. tore the head off to make sure the piston and cylinder were ok, they looked the same as before. is there anything else that could be going wrong? like wrong heat range or something?

something else that crossed my mind- we've been cleaning out my grandfathers garage since he passed away over 3 years ago (he had a lot of stuff lol) found some 10% nitro for model airplane engines :) what would happen if i mixed it with the 93 octane for the blaster? suggested ratio? any other fun things to do with it? lol

if the nitro you found is too old its basicly oil it dosent keep well i had some for bout 5 years an all the nitro evaporated leaveing a nasty smelling oil when you burn it

what fuel are you running ?what igntion timing ?and whats your squish clearance ?and static compression in pounds ?does the poreceiln area have tiny metal flecks on it ?

93 octane, stock timing, have headwork by kennedy, not exactly sure on exact measurements. no metal flecks that i could see. all it did was melt the plug. put it a new one in and fired right up.