Mechanical to hydro brake conversion help

Nov 5, 2011
Rochester, NY
What's goin on guys, I am yet again seeking some help with my blaster. I have an 01 with the p.o.s. mechanical rear brake so I recently bought a complete hydro brake system from an 04 blaster. I hope to get it on my blaster asap but I could definitely use some guidance ! I know that I have to fabricate a mount which shouldn't be too hard, I was hoping someone else has done this conversion and could give me some advice/ideas. Any and all help would be awesome, my rear brake doesn't work well at all so I need to get the hydro brake on and working as soon as possible before I end up hurting myself . . . Thanks guys !

I do have the petal and line that runs from the petal to the caliper . . . I knew I was gonna have to fabricate some brackets to mount the caliper to my axle/carrier but I was hoping there wouldn't be any welding involved/needed. I might see how much I can get for the whole hydro set up, if I can get a descent amount of $ for it I would much rather do that and put that cash towards awk's gsxr set up !

I do have the petal and line that runs from the petal to the caliper . . . I knew I was gonna have to fabricate some brackets to mount the caliper to my axle/carrier but I was hoping there wouldn't be any welding involved/needed. I might see how much I can get for the whole hydro set up, if I can get a descent amount of $ for it I would much rather do that and put that cash towards awk's gsxr set up !

Ive got 4 calipers from my old Zx7. Ill be using 1 on my bike. You live right around corner, lets throw one on urs.

I appreciate that bro, only problem is we're both gonna have some welding to do . . . Even the gsxr brake Awk sells requires you to send him your brake petal so he can weld the brake line to it ( I think its the brake line anyway ). I don't have any welding tools, or experience for that matter haha. If we can do it with out too much work or money then I'm down ! By the way your blasters comin along nicely, looks like your almost done with her. I bet you cant wait to go out n put some miles on it !

I appreciate that bro, only problem is we're both gonna have some welding to do . . . Even the gsxr brake Awk sells requires you to send him your brake petal so he can weld the brake line to it ( I think its the brake line anyway ). I don't have any welding tools, or experience for that matter haha. If we can do it with out too much work or money then I'm down ! By the way your blasters comin along nicely, looks like your almost done with her. I bet you cant wait to go out n put some miles on it !

I have everything needed. My bike is running now, so ill load it up take it to work and fab up everything needed. Only now ill do 2x of everything. Ill give you the caliper and everything needed.