Make Your Tires Look Like A Racer

Blasterb0y794

Feb 4, 2008
New York
Well I thought I would make this little DIY. This makes your simple, plain tires stick out a little bit, and give it that racing look.

1.) Make sure your tires are clean! The area you are painting must be clean so the paint will stick. Clean them with soap and water and let them sit for a few minutes. Once there clean your ready to begin! Well before you start I recommend getting some carb. cleaner, in case you mess up.
124vtic.jpg

2.) Once there clean, you are ready to start. Take your time! Go to any crafts store and buy a felt tip enamel paint marker. Mine looks like this.
334u4r9.jpg

3.) Select the part of the tire you want to paint. I did my "Dunlop" and the tire size. After I did my "Dunlop" it looked like this.
23koz2r.jpg

After I finished and let it dry I started the tire size. After I was done it looked like this.
2lcnti9.jpg

Remember, the longer you take the better it will look!
Heres just some other pictures.

169p3rp.jpg

2246.jpg

161b1o5.jpg

looks good. Dennis Kirk sells different colors of tire pens but they`re like $12.00
That was a good idea just to get one from a craft store for $2.00-$3.00

Last edited:
looks nice blaster boy...i have a few of those pens around , they work great for models also, i think i got mine in a testor kit...
good diy..rep point given !

I did this on my YZ and Blaster with paint marker and it looks really good. I just got new front tires on my Blaster and went back to buy another paint marker but they were sold out so I went to AutoZone and bought a Slime brand tire pen which is wax. It dont work at all!