main jet

Mar 1, 2015
i have a 2000 yamaha blaster that has a 30 bore no airlid new air filter dg silencer reed spacer power reeds and a high performance coil pack and the bike has a 250 mainjet in it i baught a jet kit for it and i put a 360 jet in it the bike started and reved nice but when you put it in to gear and ride it the bike spudered so i put a 340 jet in it and same thing then i put the 250 back and its perfect how can i make the other jets work and what jet should i run for the mods and the weather it inthe 20 50f cus its winter and in the summer what jet should i run

a 260 is more where you should be.

jet kits are useless on blaster because hardly ever is a 340 or 360 worth having.
not sure why you want to "force" it to run the larger jet? its not good for it.

do some major modding and you can use that larger jet...

Blasters depend on the air fuel ratio to run properly. Larger jet needs more airflow to compensate, and a plug chop to confirm the ratio is correct. Your next step on increasing airflow would be a better exhaust pipe.

a 260 is more where you should be.

jet kits are useless on blaster because hardly ever is a 340 or 360 worth having.
not sure why you want to "force" it to run the larger jet? its not good for it.

do some major modding and you can use that larger jet...
what jet is good for the winter

we have seen blaster's seize from spinning tires and not moving anywhere in cold temps/as it is a aircooled engine be carefull:)

nobody can tell you an exact jet size, only plug chops can.
1 jet size larger per 20-30 degrees colder than summer temps,
again.... plug chops to confirm
okay thanks i am going to do the chop but when i put a new plug in and start it it alwayss turns black so i should go up are down in size its about 30 40 in ohio

Blasters depend on the air fuel ratio to run properly. Larger jet needs more airflow to compensate, and a plug chop to confirm the ratio is correct. Your next step on increasing airflow would be a better exhaust pipe.
it has the stock header pipe on it so i should change the header pipe r the hole thing

cold temps require more gas in the mix.
baby talk is this, cold temps more gas, hot less gas

also gas sold in winter time is more oxyengenated in winter/depending where you live i guess
:)

Last edited:
Basic of plug read/chop: Warm engine fully with old plug. Install new plug. WFO 1-6 gear, at least 5th. If not enough area to run, ride the brake to "load" the engine. Pull clutch in and kill engine. Remove "new" plug.