Lt 250 cracked case

2strokerdie

Dec 5, 2014
Middletown ct
Hey fellas, need an opinion. Have a 91 Zuki lt250r and discovered a crack where the crank sits in the cases causing a bad air leak. I obviously must've bought this way but po masked it long enough with gasket sealer to run decent till I at least got it home. Reason I say it was like this is because it looks like a bottom end crankshaft bearing failed and scraped the whole inside of the cases where the crank sits. I guess that one way to trench the cases lol! But seriously it was obviously like that cause there aren't any marks on the existing connecting rod from hitting the case and the bottom bearing is fine on this crank. So I guess my question is what would you guys do? Do u think it could be epoxied or should I get it welded? Already talked to mr oconnor and he said he can do it. The other issue I found is the opposite case half has a crank bearing that is spinning in the case so I have to address that also and wasn't sure if I can fix that with green loctites or not. Anyways any input would be much appreciated. I'll try to add a pic too. Thanks guys. I've looked for a used set of cases but can't seem to find any that aren't worse than what I have.
image.jpg

since you've already talked to ken, I'd just send him both sides, the crank and any other bottom end parts you have, and let him do his thing.

Reactions: tbrooks
I do believe that you are correct my kind sir. It's ripped down this far and I'm not one to half a.. things. In fact I usually go overkill. I had actually talked to him about building a stroker crank for it and he said that he could do that but there 'a other ways to make power out of that engine. I thought to myself "WOW!" This is a real stand up guy. I mean he could of said ya sure and took a nice bundle of money but he didn't. Smart man, I wouldn't even think of bringing my toys to anybody else now. I'm thinking of a real aggressive mid/too port and that thing should take off like a rocket. Already has quite a bit down low for a 2 stroke. What do you think awk?

I think it's not even worth it you should just give it to me ;)
Haha! If it gets me frustrated then that might happen! I figure if we're gonna rent that track out for a day this summer then I wanna make sure I can bring the lt also. Not only do I have a lot of work to do to get it back together but also gotta break it in before we hit the track. I wanna b able to run it through the paces with a new KOR port and head job!:D

Reactions: pudvah