LRD jet kits

sporty982000

Jul 10, 2012
Illinois
Are these jet kits still on the market ? and where can one buy one ? for the blaster ?

I read the other day and a refresher today. About LRD jet kits, making the stock exhaust pipe on a blaster, come to life some.

And it also seemed like there jet kits did well for most of the after market pipes.

Sporty

Yea, I'd say buy the jets you want. I just purchased a 260,270,280,290,300 main jets for under $20from automatic distributors ( a local wholesale parts supplier) as stated above the kits are kind of a grab bag deal Just my .02 though.

HJ260
HJ270
HJ280

And so on, I don't know if there part numbers transfer over or not but figured I'd list them

Last edited:
Yea, I'd say buy the jets you want. I just purchased a 260,270,280,290,300 main jets for under $20from automatic distributors ( a local wholesale parts supplier) as stated above the kits are kind of a grab bag deal Just my .02 though.

HJ260
HJ270
HJ280

And so on, I don't know if there part numbers transfer over or not but figured I'd list them

I got my mian jets off ebay for $3 each. 240,260,280.

The reason I started the post, was in regards to the old pipe shoot out article, where they were talking about the LRD jet kit, making a improvement on even the stock pip and exhaust.

I dont know whats all in that kit, I send another e-mail asking Arlen more questions. When I get the info. Ill pass it on.

I dont know if it has different pilot jets, ect. in it.

Sporty

I'm gonna try that setup with stock needle this weekend

Are u going to use the Ltd jet or a different one? Cause I was running that set up about a month ago n according to my ass synopsis it was a huge different, but only at wot n it would stumble from idle to 1/4 and idle to 1/2 in 2 n 3 gear n it drank the fuel like it was going out of style. Just wanted yo let u know what I found, this could have all been situational n specific to my bike cause I think I had other problems. Look forward to seeing what happens on urs.

K. Info 4 ya's.

Just got back from local yamaha shop, they had to roder one for me ($3.99)= tax, came to $4.26

Part #260-14142-30-00

Sporty

Word of warning, a #30 idle jet in a stock situation could make problems.

#32.5 is usually best for all but heavily modded motors.

I feel that you will be wasting your money.

Before you grip and rip with a #30 idle jet, adjust the idle setting correctly, if the air screw is any more than half a turn from 1 1/2 turns out, stick the #32.5 back in there because it is going to affect the needle up to 1/4 throttle.

Word of warning, a #30 idle jet in a stock situation could make problems.

#32.5 is usually best for all but heavily modded motors.

I feel that you will be wasting your money.

You might be right, thats what the pipeshoot article mentioned what that pilot size, #30.

And so, It's worth looking into and trying. Naturally caution is at play when you change any jet or pilot, ect in the carb.

A plug chop would and is highly recommended if someone is going to try it.

Sporty

I called LRD and spoke with Arlen.

Was a nice guy and provided a little bit of info. and I ordered from him just the needle for $20.00

In the article i says a special needle, So I asked him about it, the needle is a little longer and has a different type of tip on it.

I encouraged him to sign up and come here and post, cuz he knows better about his stuff, than we do.

Now, he said the reason for the #30 pilet jet, all depends on you area, We recommended that size for areas with high humidity. (he said the high humidity caused to much moisture and that it runs better with the #30.)

And if in fall or winter, cooler weather and less humidty areas, then he said the stock pilot was fine and better for those conditions.

Sporty

there is a method for determining what pilot is needed.
start at 1.5 turns out on the airscrew, do 1/2 turns both directions, waiting roughly 20 seconds between turns to allow the engine to "catch up" to the new fuel setting, find the setting the engine idles the highest,
that will be the proper air/fuel ratio for the pilot jet/airscrew circut.
the number of turns out from bottom will determine the correct pilot jet size.
under 1/2 turn for high idle = leaner pilot
over 2-1/2 turns out = richer pilot
if the airscrew isn't regulating the idle with any amount of turns, you're way off, and need to jump up or down a few sizes until the airscrew settings get results

on the stock blaster carb, the 32.5 is going to be it in all but the highest modded BBK's, and that should be running a larger carb anyway

the only reason the pilot jet should be changed is if the airscrew high idle cannot be acheived between 1/2 and
2-1/2 turns out,
if that is the case on a stock blaster/carb.
your carb needs cleaned (pilot/airscrew passages) or you have an airleak