lower rod bearing??

blasterman87

Nov 17, 2008
what can cause a lower rod bearing to go? like ran fine for a few hours and all of a sudden it loses power and wont idle, tear it down and no bearings at all, the needles arent even in there... everything else it tight, good top end, good crank bearings just the lower rod bearing.... nothing left, now the next queston, what should i replace? the whole crank/rod/all bearings?

Last edited by a moderator:
i have a used crank thats in good shape but i found a crank/rod/bearings/seals/gaskets kit on ebay made by wieseco for 144 bucks i think im going to get that, just the crnks is more expencive than that

man it didnt blow out the bottom of your crank case? when mine went, the tollerences were just a bit off and it ground the sh*t out of the bottom of my case. i saw a sled crank bearing go like yours and raped the engine case lol.

not that i know of, as soon as it started bogging i made her shut it down and i towed it home with my blaster

I had that happen on mine. I just replaced the lower end with a crank assembly from hotrods. So far no problems, runs better than before it went out.