Low compression

DCpunisher

Apr 14, 2021
I was given an older blaster that didn’t run and I rebuilt the top end and I only have 60 psi compression it’s the first two stroke I’ve worked on and I don’t know what’s wrong dose anyone have any ideas

Did you have the cylinder bored and honed to the exact piston you're using ?
what is the new piston to cylinder clearance ?
3 heat cycles and retorque head and base bolts ? before compression test ?
what gaskets did you use ?
using a known good compression tester ? there aren't many cheap ones that are accurate

using a known good compression tester ? there aren't many cheap ones that are accurate

Attachments

• 190B01C0-B701-44E7-B137-2682C65A8C1C.png
    190B01C0-B701-44E7-B137-2682C65A8C1C.png
    970.6 KB · Views: 112
  • 2A2A0795-5501-4AA3-A89A-998ADFCA24CD.png
    2A2A0795-5501-4AA3-A89A-998ADFCA24CD.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 117
This is the stuff I bought of eBay and I don’t know what a heat cycle is and when I first put it together I put the rings on upside down do you think it messed them up

Should air be coming out of the carb

Just my two cents but I would get a factory cylinder and have it bored along with a wiesco piston kit. Those chinese cylinders off of ebay are usually not very good.

Just my two cents but I would get a factory cylinder and have it bored along with a wiesco piston kit. Those chinese cylinders off of ebay are usually not very good.
Yeah the piston is on right I still have the factory cylinder and head the only thing I can see wrong with it is they stripped out the holes where the exhaust bolts on

I bought some new reeds that look like v force but they are unbranded and a lot cheaper and I think that’s why I have air coming out of the carb I’m gonna spend the money and order the v force reeds and see if that fixes it

Definitely sounds like a fuel problem.Fresh fuel? Adequate fuel supply to carb?
Carb spotless. Remove jets and clean all passages .pilot jet may be plugged.should be able to see light thru jets

Definitely sounds like a fuel problem.Fresh fuel? Adequate fuel supply to carb?
Carb spotless. Remove jets and clean all passages .pilot jet may be plugged.should be able to see light thru jets
The carb is new and it is getting fuel