Lock up/Seize, need immediate help!

yes it was i even double checked it before we fired it up. This was his first bike and at that point i had allready built and rebuilt 4 bikes.. I pick them up for cheap after someone doesnt know what they are doing and seize them out. I send them off for a bore and then rebuild them. I have only had one bike with an oil injector that still pulsed oil when surged with power. Must be something about the colorado air or altitude. But premix has saved alot of bikes.

I'm confused how you tested the oil injector on this blaster before you fired it up. You'll have to excuse me,because I'm still on my first cup of coffee.:-[ Please elaborate. I'm going to go get another cup.

I'm confused how you tested the oil injector on this blaster before you fired it up. You'll have to excuse me,because I'm still on my first cup of coffee.:-[ Please elaborate. I'm going to go get another cup.

What is confusing Joe is the explanation not good enough, I am on my fith beer and to me it is a clear as mud.

yes it was i even double checked it before we fired it up. This was his first bike and at that point i had allready built and rebuilt 4 bikes.. I pick them up for cheap after someone doesnt know what they are doing and seize them out. I send them off for a bore and then rebuild them. I have only had one bike with an oil injector that still pulsed oil when surged with power. Must be something about the colorado air or altitude. But premix has saved alot of bikes.

((side note:::: I have built a wire harness power kit that utilized an old blasters wire harness and modified it to run with the plug into a wall. Just a few capacitors and some voltage regulators and we were off and running...)))

This is how i test oil injectors to see if the pump still works or not. I can also check spark plugs, Headlights and what not also. I got so sick of buying new parts and the old one wasnt even bad. Thank you all for input on the seizures and everything. i just wanted you all to know what i have experienced.

I have seen similar testers fabricated from string, rubber bands and paper clips, the one described would run much better as the string based ones had problems with continuity of electrical power.:D:D:D

I'm lost on this thread :eek:

Blaster blows up from injecter. Rebuild, blows up again from same injectorX(

Why wasn't injector replaced after first rebuild?? What am I missing here :-/

Yamaha, Kawi, Suki have been using injectors since mid 60s, (I was there) and I never heard of problems, now all of a sudden starting in 89 they have problems?? Not buying it.

Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA - 1965 Big Bear Scrambler
Great Grand Daddy of Banshee and RZ350 (WITH oil injection)

Only reason I deleted it was THOUGHT I had problem with either it or oil was too thick, come to find out it cold seized @ 0*F, 6th wot on lake.
Plus most bean oils aren't injectable

What is confusing Joe is the explanation not good enough, I am on my fith beer and to me it is a clear as mud.

I have seen similar testers fabricated from string, rubber bands and paper clips, the one described would run much better as the string based ones had problems with continuity of electrical power.:D:D:D

Have to fire it up to test it I:I

Put mix in tank then watch if it pupms out the line that feeds into the carb

SLOW DOWN EVERYBODY!!!

I want to see how he's testing a purely mechanical device (the oil injector pump) by testing it with his custom electrical/wiring harness device.

This right here>>> "wire harness power kit that utilized an old blasters wire harness and modified it to run with the plug into a wall. Just a few capacitors and some voltage regulators" Really? Are you serious??? Not to be rude,but you've got to be sh*t'n me. Just when I thought I heared it all.

Things that make you go Hmmmmm?

I can't wait to hear the explanation.

Blaaster is 100% correct!!! There is nothing wrong with that oil pump other than it having not been bled correctly,which is OPERATOR ERROR! This is equivalent to not doing a leak down test befor starting a fresh rebuilt,or as general maintenance .

I need to know more about this "secret device".

This is EXACTLY how the rumors get started about the Yamaha "Autolube" oil injection system! People that have NO IDEA what they're talking about! This is paramount! Without question.
"Get rid of that sh*tty oil injection system,it fails all the time!" "Just ask my brother's uncle's girlfriens's dog that lives with his owner in the tree house."

Last edited:
I think I found a picture of the yamaha "Autolube" oil injection device!
imagesCAZFZL9C.jpg

Maybe someday here i will draw out a schematic so everyone can see how this wire harness from an old blaster can be modified into a full working wire harness without a working motor. Simple steps are to remove a full wire harness and supply it with power. It not like the wire harness will fail to work without a bike to run it. what i mean is it works great to test out a non working part on your bike. I had unhooked the main power(coming from the bike) and supplied it with my custom harness. this therefore gave me the electrical pulse to power said oil injector. the lines were hooked into an old carb of mine to see if the pump would atleast make a sound that its working or even drip me some oil into my carb.. Still nothing.....

Its pretty simple if you think about it without all the misconfusion of "well how did it work with it being off the bike?" you figure everything works off of an electric pulse. just a matter of finding the corrrect pulse to make it work.

I am an electrician by trade and making operable wire kits is something i enjoy to do outside working on motors.

Anyone can be naysayers all day long but all i can say is it worked for me and im simply trying to help out anyone else that may run into the same issue.

As for the oil injector never failing for most. You are lucky it hasnt happened yet. But the way i see it is why trust your engine life to a small little pump that if it breaks down in anyway your motors junked. PREMIX is the safest way to ensure the life of your engine.

Dont mean to rant.. im going to start a schematic for everyone to see so you can test your own equipment before installing and hoping it works. This is only ment to test parts not make it work for your bike.

Oh and the shop insisted the oil injectors never fail and thats why it wasnt touched after the first rebuild. But that teaches alot of lessons.... "Never trust everything your told" It would have save my buddy alot of stress and money.

Maybe someday here i will draw out a schematic so everyone can see how this wire harness from an old blaster can be modified into a full working wire harness without a working motor. Simple steps are to remove a full wire harness and supply it with power. It not like the wire harness will fail to work without a bike to run it. what i mean is it works great to test out a non working part on your bike. I had unhooked the main power(coming from the bike) and supplied it with my custom harness. this therefore gave me the electrical pulse to power said oil injector. the lines were hooked into an old carb of mine to see if the pump would atleast make a sound that its working or even drip me some oil into my carb.. Still nothing.....

Its pretty simple if you think about it without all the misconfusion of "well how did it work with it being off the bike?" you figure everything works off of an electric pulse. just a matter of finding the corrrect pulse to make it work.

I am an electrician by trade and making operable wire kits is something i enjoy to do outside working on motors.

Anyone can be naysayers all day long but all i can say is it worked for me and im simply trying to help out anyone else that may run into the same issue.

As for the oil injector never failing for most. You are lucky it hasnt happened yet. But the way i see it is why trust your engine life to a small little pump that if it breaks down in anyway your motors junked. PREMIX is the safest way to ensure the life of your engine.

Dont mean to rant.. im going to start a schematic for everyone to see so you can test your own equipment before installing and hoping it works. This is only ment to test parts not make it work for your bike.

Oh and the shop insisted the oil injectors never fail and thats why it wasnt touched after the first rebuild. But that teaches alot of lessons.... "Never trust everything your told" It would have save my buddy alot of stress and money.

The Oil Injector does not need any power but the motors Rpm's to make it work , what point are you proving here ? . I already told you why that bike blew up , you and your friend did not know what you were doing ! .

Where do you hook the wires to this oil injector pump from a blaster which is purely a mechanical device?

100_4079.jpg

100_4080.jpg

100_4081.jpg

This is a joke right? Seriously...this is all a big joke right?
If not,do you actually believe what you are saying?
The yamaha "Autolube" oil injection system is mechanically pulsed,or "injected" into the engine. There is nothing electrical about it. Its not like a fuel injector on a car or truck where the injectors are tiny electric solenoids that open and close the injector.

I had unhooked the main power(coming from the bike) and supplied it with my custom harness. this therefore gave me the electrical pulse to power said oil injector. the lines were hooked into an old carb of mine to see if the pump would atleast make a sound that its working or even drip me some oil into my carb.. Still nothing.....

Impossible to test the injector this way.

"I am an electrician by trade."
Ok then.

"As for the oil injector never failing for most. You are lucky it hasnt happened yet. But the way i see it is why trust your engine life to a small little pump that if it breaks down in anyway your motors junked. PREMIX is the safest way to ensure the life of your engine."
You have no idea what your talking about.

"Dont mean to rant.. im going to start a schematic for everyone to see so you can test your own equipment before installing and hoping it works. This is only ment to test parts not make it work for your bike."
Thats cool,but just show us how your testing the oil injection pump. Don't care about the other items

Oh and the shop insisted the oil injectors never fail and thats why it wasnt touched after the first rebuild. But that teaches alot of lessons.... "Never trust everything your told"
Words to live by.

yeah, i'm going to have to also say that you do not need a wiring harness to test a blaster oil pump. it's obviously mechanical not electrical.

The Oil Injector does not need any power but the motors Rpm's to make it work , what point are you proving here ? . I already told you why that bike blew up , you and your friend did not know what you were doing ! .

How would and electrical pump work without electrical?
Yes it works off RPM's
but what do you think RPM's do to the pump. say good job you can work now im running faster....... It needs electrical pulses sent by the ignition system to say its running at either 100rpms or 4000rpms.... its all electrical just like every movement by a muscle in your body is electrical. all physics.... But im done arguing a point to a group of people who think an RPM can send a signal thats not electrical.

And if that wasnt true how would my wire harness make my spark plugs fire and have my Oil pumps pump. My headlights run without ever firing up a motor. I must be living in a fantasy world then.

so did you run the pump with an electric motor or what? we're just a little confused as to your explanation. can you post a pic of the pump setup you have?

How would and electrical pump work without electrical?
Yes it works off RPM's
but what do you think RPM's do to the pump. say good job you can work now im running faster....... It needs electrical pulses sent by the ignition system to say its running at either 100rpms or 4000rpms.... its all electrical just like every movement by a muscle in your body is electrical. all physics.... But im done arguing a point to a group of people who think an RPM can send a signal thats not electrical.

And if that wasnt true how would my wire harness make my spark plugs fire and have my Oil pumps pump. My headlights run without ever firing up a motor. I must be living in a fantasy world then.

Wow , have you removed a oil injection system from the clutch cover before ? , If so you would see how the ( Rpm's) make the pump work .

I must be living in a fantasy world then.

There's the answer I was looking for.

I smell a troll. A goofy one at that,but with that aside,I would love to see that wiring schematic. This is too funny.
If any of your story is true,all i can say is... thats why your engines are constantly blowing up,or seizing. It really is that simple.