Lock up/Seize, need immediate help!

You could have a bolt or a screw in the gears on the side of the motor thats locking it up.Friend had a bolt come loose in his and got in the gears on the clutch side of the motor.He thought it was lock up and took it apart found the bolt and it ran find untill he sold it a year later no more problems out of it.

Its in my drive way at the moment, but when i take the oil cap off on the right side of it. when i look in it i can't see much oil. this one has a gas/oil mix.

Fuel mix oil is not on the right side. Right side by kick start is traanny oil, fuel premix injector oil is under the seat on left side of quad!!!!! Did anyone address this already? I:I

You could have a bolt or a screw in the gears on the side of the motor thats locking it up.Friend had a bolt come loose in his and got in the gears on the clutch side of the motor.He thought it was lock up and took it apart found the bolt and it ran find untill he sold it a year later no more problems out of it.

This may be true, but a free screw/bolt inside there may cause some damage and the gears inside should be fully inspected and checked for damage. A quad should last more than a year til you sell it. You want ur quad to last as long as possible even for the person who buys it after you ;)

I have seen this happen 2 years back on one of our riding trips. The rear extension carrier had a rear end bolt slide out and catch on the rear sprocket. Made the engine stall and sounded like a seize. Upon getting the bike back to camp we realized the bolt had been bent almost in half. this was causing the rear wheels to lock up. Easy fix but Major word of advise.... LOCKTITE EVERYTHING YOU REMOVE. Because its much easier to fight breaking Locktite than fight missing bolts and screws while in the forest.

But it sounds like the top end seized up on you from a number of possible problems. Most likely the Oir injector, Ive seen Brand new top end rebuilds get trashed due to a faulty Oil Injector within 5 minutes.

I have seen this happen 2 years back on one of our riding trips. The rear extension carrier had a rear end bolt slide out and catch on the rear sprocket. Made the engine stall and sounded like a seize. Upon getting the bike back to camp we realized the bolt had been bent almost in half. this was causing the rear wheels to lock up. Easy fix but Major word of advise.... LOCKTITE EVERYTHING YOU REMOVE. Because its much easier to fight breaking Locktite than fight missing bolts and screws while in the forest.

But it sounds like the top end seized up on you from a number of possible problems. Most likely the Oir injector, Ive seen Brand new top end rebuilds get trashed due to a faulty Oil Injector within 5 minutes.

Only Way I have Seen A Stock oil Injection System not Work Properly Was due to Owners Lack Of Knowledge , Maintenance And Or Common sense . I have Yet to Find Someone to show me How The injection System FAILED . Just Saying .

Caution

Loctite everything that the manual says to Loctite.

Some fastenings some of which are head and jug should be assembled dry, free of oil or any other substance as it will fool the tension wrench.

As WD40 is not always your friend, Loctite is its great mate.

Only Way I have Seen A Stock oil Injection System not Work Properly Was due to Owners Lack Of Knowledge , Maintenance And Or Common sense . I have Yet to Find Someone to show me How The injection System FAILED . Just Saying .

The pump was no longer feeding oil into the engine. It had power but was not letting the oil pass through. It failed and when he took the bike into the mechanic they said the same thing on how they never fail. so he rebuilt it with a new piston and rings along with the bore. When he got it back he fired it up and no longer than 5 minutes of warm up the bike seized again. Come to find its the oil injector not pumping oil. So his trust cost him another 200$ and an even larger overbore. Just because you have never seen it happen doesnt mean it doesnt happen. Only Friendly Reminders from my end. And its not that hard to just premix and bypass the oil injector to save you the chance of this happening.

The pump was no longer feeding oil into the engine. It had power but was not letting the oil pass through. It failed and when he took the bike into the mechanic they said the same thing on how they never fail. so he rebuilt it with a new piston and rings along with the bore. When he got it back he fired it up and no longer than 5 minutes of warm up the bike seized again. Come to find its the oil injector not pumping oil. So his trust cost him another 200$ and an even larger overbore. Just because you have never seen it happen doesnt mean it doesnt happen. Only Friendly Reminders from my end. And its not that hard to just premix and bypass the oil injector to save you the chance of this happening.

What was the Weather Like on that 5 Mins of Idling ? .

I cant remember the exact temp but it was 80+ probably closer to 90. It was a beautiful day and we were prepping for the riding trip that coming weekend.

Well that Sounds like the reason it Fried , There was no Air movement to Keep it Cool , There Are Certain Temps in Which to Properly heat cycle a 2 stroke air cooled motor . That Does not sound like the Oil Injection system Failed , Sounds Like Owner/Operator Fail .

Edit : The oil Injection System Runs by Rpm , so if it sat there on Low idle In that weather with no Fan or Air movement , It was not the Oil Injection system failure .

Typical air in the system failure.

The pump could have been working just fine, but if there is no oil to feed it or air in the delivery tube, no oil will be injected.

Well that Sounds like the reason it Fried , There was no Air movement to Keep it Cool , There Are Certain Temps in Which to Properly heat cycle a 2 stroke air cooled motor . That Does not sound like the Oil Injection system Failed , Sounds Like Owner/Operator Fail .

Well thats anyone oppinon as the oil injector had power no fluid left its chamber. And 5 minutes isnt enough strain to let idle and have a seize. Anyone can believe what they want. But when we cut out the oil injection and had a new piston bored into the beast. We took it out the next weekend where it was insanly hotter and he rode all weekend. So if heat was the problem than why would it have not fried it the following weekend as well. No disrespect or anything but sounds like another situation where "Just because you havnt seen it happen, doesnt mean it cant happen" Because after all I have 5 blasters and not 1 has an oil injector. And everyone of them runs great without it.

P.S. Sorry for the thread Hijack

Typical air in the system failure.

The pump could have been working just fine, but if there is no oil to feed it or air in the delivery tube, no oil will be injected.

But the thing that gets me is the fact the resi tank was full of oil and the lines were full of oil but no fluid movement even after checking that the pump had power. Then we cut the pump out after the second rebuild and started to premix the oil. He has riden the crap out of the thing the past 2 years and no problems..... Thats what makes me believe it was the oil injector that failed. Not the fact he didnt maintain on the bike and hes had the bike 8 years. and still rides it the same

This may be true, but a free screw/bolt inside there may cause some damage and the gears inside should be fully inspected and checked for damage. A quad should last more than a year til you sell it. You want ur quad to last as long as possible even for the person who buys it after you ;)
.The bike didnt have any problem is what i was saying.After he fix that problem with the bolt locking it up. .He sold it a year later.It was running fine when he sold it.But it was clutch spring bolt that came out and locked the motor up.That bike had more hours on it in a year then most will ever see in a life time.That is all he done was ride and ride some more.

It has been known that after a rebuild the pump refuses to deliver oil because of air in the system.

Was the pump bled free of all air after rebuild.

It has been known that after a rebuild the pump refuses to deliver oil because of air in the system.

Was the pump bled free of all air after rebuild.

yes it was i even double checked it before we fired it up. This was his first bike and at that point i had allready built and rebuilt 4 bikes.. I pick them up for cheap after someone doesnt know what they are doing and seize them out. I send them off for a bore and then rebuild them. I have only had one bike with an oil injector that still pulsed oil when surged with power. Must be something about the colorado air or altitude. But premix has saved alot of bikes.

((side note:::: I have built a wire harness power kit that utilized an old blasters wire harness and modified it to run with the plug into a wall. Just a few capacitors and some voltage regulators and we were off and running...)))

This is how i test oil injectors to see if the pump still works or not. I can also check spark plugs, Headlights and what not also. I got so sick of buying new parts and the old one wasnt even bad. Thank you all for input on the seizures and everything. i just wanted you all to know what i have experienced.

yes it was i even double checked it before we fired it up. This was his first bike and at that point i had allready built and rebuilt 4 bikes.. I pick them up for cheap after someone doesnt know what they are doing and seize them out. I send them off for a bore and then rebuild them. I have only had one bike with an oil injector that still pulsed oil when surged with power. Must be something about the colorado air or altitude. But premix has saved alot of bikes.

((side note:::: I have built a wire harness power kit that utilized an old blasters wire harness and modified it to run with the plug into a wall. Just a few capacitors and some voltage regulators and we were off and running...)))

This is how i test oil injectors to see if the pump still works or not. I can also check spark plugs, Headlights and what not also. I got so sick of buying new parts and the old one wasnt even bad. Thank you all for input on the seizures and everything. i just wanted you all to know what i have experienced.

Great thread! I have a few questions though... I have 3 (3) blasters also and they all run the oil injection with ZERO issues, Two of the blasters have been ported,heads rechambered,high compression,matched transfers,etc.

Could you tell me how you use your wiring harness tool you made to test the oil injector? Thats a new one on me. Sounds like a good tool to make.