LIGHTING STATOR COIL ???

blaster biotch

Mar 25, 2008
dallas
k so my switch doesnt work for the lights....does the lighting coil on the stator generate power for lights only or is the power for coil and light the same? i think they are different, there is a source coil for each....and if so can i just hard wire my lights to the lighting coil?

there is a wire from the lighting coil I think it's yellow /red stripe (red stripe...it'z beeer mon), that should hook into the regulater and light. if your lights not working, something is probably unpluged or a bad connection. the circuit is simple, get a 12v test light and work backwards.

so yellow/red stripe can attach to regulator and light just ground the other side of the light and it will stay on?? i can put a switch in line also..i dont want to open the harness...i bought it used and it is a messss( ps....hoooray beer)

if it's the yellow wire w/ red stripe (trying to remember for sure) run that to switch (splice regulator wire (blue I think) into the wire) then from switch to light, voltage regulator to simplify, just dumps excess voltage to ground, it only has one wire.

Reactions: blaster biotch
ok thanks...i looked at the scematic and it is a y/r from stator that runs to regulator to switch. this puts power at the switch for the lights..thanks for the help!!