Life in the USA( What does it cost?)

stephen

Jan 13, 2009
South Africa
I am asking because we are thinking of moving to the US, Canada, New Zealand or Australia.
Our lives are just not safe any more in our "beloved country"
My wife is an attorney and i am a horticulturist
What do the normal person earn per month and what does it cost you(house, car, food, insurance)?

it varies widely over here according to location, like the cost of living is way more in miami florida than it is where i live in winter wonderland pennsylvania, but i would assume on lawyers salary you could live comfoertably anywhere here in the US.
but anywhere is cheaper than paying with your life!!!!!!!

it varies widely over here according to location, like the cost of living is way more in miami florida than it is where i live in winter wonderland pennsylvania, but i would assume on lawyers salary you could live comfoertably anywhere here in the US.
but anywhere is cheaper than paying with your life!!!!!!!

Affirmative action is taking its toll on our businesses and i don't want to raise a child in a country were there is a murder every 25 min. (more lives are lost per day in south africa than in Irak during war!!)
And healthcare it is better if i don't speak of it

Affirmative action is taking its toll on our businesses and i don't want to raise a child in a country were there is a murder every 25 min. (more lives are lost per day in south africa than in Irak during war!!)
And healthcare it is better if i don't speak of it

hell yeah man no offence but SA is a sh*t hole, jsut pack up and leave, pennsylvania has tons of quad trails!! lol :D

hell yeah man no offence but SA is a sh*t hole, jsut pack up and leave, pennsylvania has tons of quad trails!! lol :D
Don't get me wrong my forefathers built this country to a first world country and i love this place!!!! but to die for it just because(not defending it in a war) we are children of an old regime or let my children suffer for if , i don't think so

Don't get me wrong my forefathers built this country to a first world country and i love this place!!!! but to die for it just because(not defending it in a war) we are children of an old regime or let my children suffer for if , i don't think so

yeah man, the stories you hear from there can be chilling sometimes..

I live in wisconsin usa, 54935, you can google or any search for info on houses, apartments, insurance an what not, but ill give you a run down of what I pay, . . . $450 a month for rent on. 2 bedroom upper apartment/ duplex, average summer electric is around 70 give or take, water is about. 160 every 3 months, auto/ renters insurance is 77.44? A month on. My 96 mazda 626 an the wifes 94 chevy suburban, food varys on what you buy, my wife an I an our 3 year old an 7 month old get by comfortably on arund. 300 a month for food,, fuel ( gasoline) is 2.61 a gallon for regular unleaded, . . Cloths vary on your taste in cloths, wallmart wrangler jeans are like 14 bucks, shirts anywhere from 5 to 15, and more if you have to have big names like american eagle an what not, . An the fun stuff, I pay $40 a gallon for klotz. Techiplate 2 stroke oil, an about 290 a gallon for premium fuel, hope tht helps..... Other stuff is over taxed, 7 a pack for smokes, 12 a 1.75 of bttom shelf liquier, ... Lol not must haves but figured I'd toss that out there.... Plus any state you move to has atv trails an atv parks!

depends on where you live, in ohio you could get by very easily if you have a good job, my dad works at GM and my mom at JCpennys we live in a very nice neighborhood

I am asking because we are thinking of moving to the US, Canada, New Zealand or Australia.
Our lives are just not safe any more in our "beloved country"
My wife is an attorney and i am a horticulturist
What do the normal person earn per month and what does it cost you(house, car, food, insurance)?

There is no need to use a fancy word for growing weed.

i think everywhere in the us is almost better than south africa. well except near the mexican border. lots of drug voilence. but for the most part usa is a cheap place where you can pretty much ride your quad wherever and like stated before... every state has quad trails.

Arkansas is pretty nice, u get all of the seasons. there are alot of lakes and rivers. not to mention all of hiking and atv trails. the schools are pretty good. my high school actually got ranked 4th in the nation in test scores a year or so back. the cost of living is low, so thats kind of nice. you can get a 3 bed 2 bath for around $130,000.

well in southern az there is alot of people, but if you like it hot and dry in summer and like 60 at coldest in winter than az is the place to be

just go to new zealand thier are more sheep than people so the crime is low. and you can grow what ever the hell you want

Last edited:
here in ne pa its fairly cheap

4 br home in nice community 170000
great schools]\
2;54 a gallon of gas
great riding
4 bucks a pack of marlboros
cheap and nice in general