Laundry baskets of Blaster parts

Went to the salvage yard today and chopped off the rear end frame piece to weld to mine. Also prepped and painted the A-arms and installed. Painted the clutch cover with gloss black engine enamel, and then polished the front circle of it. Can't wait to get my stuff back from KOR.

Reactions: Fast6hand
Installed a Wiseco clutch basket, the headlight assembly, and fender stay that I got from fast6hand. Painted the spindles, hubs, calipers, and guards this weekend. Got them installed and mocked up the exhaust. Also did some trimming on the frame and touched up the paint. Just need to restore the heel guards, swing arm and axle this coming weekend. Hoping to see some tracking info from KOR this weekend.

Got some more done the other day... I spent the better part of 3.5 hours fighting to get the axle nuts off, along with trying to get the axle out of the housing. Everything was rusted bad, not spinning freely, and just being plain stubborn. I had to put an order in for some new axle bearings and seals.

I also started reworking some heel guards I got from Fast6hand (thanks again). I figured that I might as well cut off the tabs that the fenders mount to, seeings as I have cut fenders. I think they turned out nice, and will add a cleaner look to the bike. Prepped them and painted as well.

Got the swing arm cleaned, prepped, and painted.

Reactions: pudvah
Looking good man!

Im wondering, what did you use to wrap the wires coming out of the stator? i like the red

Actually I just used 3 full tight wraps of 33M Red phasing electrical tape.

Got my Bearings in the mail today for the rear axle. Anyone ever install them before? Hopefully my neighbors press will be sufficient for the job.

I'm praying that Ken gets my piston in, and sends my stuff to me soon.

Looks spectacular. I really dig the theme , you did a great job man.. Don't forget to do proper heat cycles and break in procedures. <<Then when those very important things are done, Hang on tight!

Be careful not to let your feet fall off the pegs and get run over, It'll feel like Kryptonite..

Reactions: Charles
Got it fired up for the first time today.

It wants to rev to the moon on me... its also spewing fuel. I'm assuming possibly an air leak, and a stuck float or pilot? I had to pull out a touch on the choke to settle her down.

Here is a video of it running. What do you guys think?

Did you set your air screw and idle per specs ? Leak test before starting? Not saying it isn't a leak but when mine had a leak the rpms shot off and wouldn't come down till I killed it. Yours almost sounds like the idle is set really high

Did you set your air screw and idle per specs ? Leak test before starting? Not saying it isn't a leak but when mine had a leak the rpms shot off and wouldn't come down till I killed it. Yours almost sounds like the idle is set really high

Yup, set the air screw 1.5 turns out, and started the idle at 2 turns out... Its not in the video, but I tried turning the idle out more and more, without any noticeable difference.

Now I'm just coming into the house for the night, and I must say I'm a bit miffed my the float issue. I just got done tearing the entire carb back apart, and re-checking everything, cleaned everything, checked the float for damage, didn't hear any sloshing around in the floats, and even did the toothpaste and Q-tip trick. Put it all back together, turn the petcock to on, and immediately it spews fuel everywhere!!!grrr

I can't feel any burs on the pilot, nor does it seem like it hangs up or anything. The rubber tip appears to be in good shape still. Should I put the floats into a container of fuel to see if they still float?