Laundry baskets of Blaster parts

Mine did the same thing until I bought and installed a carb rebuild kit. Ken said I had a bent needle but it didn't look like it at all so I tried toothpaste and cleaning to no avail. Spent the 15 dollars and not a drop of fuel on the ground since.

Well... I've already replaced just about everything else so... I just ordered a new rebuild kit, 290, 280, 270 jets, and a new float. I wasn't going to get much time to play around this weekend with the holiday anyways.

I'm at a total loss right now!!!

I installed the new carb rebuild kit, new main jet (280), and the new float. Set the new float Height according to the repair manual. I'm no longer leaking gas out the overflow.

Now my bike does not even try to fire... after about 50 kicks it will just hardly sputter. I did the tors removal already, tore down and re-inspected then re assembled the carb about 15 times now, pulled the flywheel off and reinstalled, have excellent spark, inspected the reeds and cage..... aaaaghhhh, 4 days now, and I can't seem to figure this dang thing out... Help

I even did the evil shot of mixed gas down the cylinder with not even a sputter :(

Is the slide on the carb adjusted correctly? If it's to far down in the bore, it will block off air flow and it won't even try to start.

^^ That and since it sat for a lil bit is there anything clogging the exhaust ? critters build nest QUICK..

Exhaust is good... I didn't change the clip position, but did install the new needle that came with the kit. Not sure I know how to "adjust" the slide. Guess I'll go back to the manual.

Thanks guys

Since you have an 05, the TORS is built into the CDI. You have to connect the TORS wires together to trick the CDI. Did you do that?

can you hold pilot jet up to a light and see through it?
im uncertain if you replaced or cleaned pilot jet sorry,gots the main jet washer?:)
carb plus idle 1 1 1 big 1.jpg

is the throttle cable getting hung up/or routed wrong?
sounds like it is starving for fuel
I have it routing down the steering stem, and to the right of the frame and down to the carb... it ran fine this way before though.

The pilot jet is brand new, clean and clear... have double checked literally about 15 times now.

I thought I read you did the tors removal with the new cap and all. I was wondering if you installed the slide stop screw if you did indeed do the removal. That's why I was thinking the slide was to far down the bore.

I would start regardless of where your needle is set. Once it's up and running, you set the needle for mid throttle. The pilot circuit and choke are what get you started along with the slide position. That also sets your idle once started.

make sure the top cover is tight as well
in your pics it is missing the locking tab
at least in pic they can come loose pinning itself,even with the locking tab on there:)
people put there slides in wrong sometimes not aligning it with the pin on carb.
you can check to see if your gas cap is ventilating properly by unscrewing it a lil
new b8es plug fresh gas lol
that thing should be running like a top it is like brand new,unless you got a airleak

Last edited:
unless you got a airleak
Nope, tested for that with the nice package I got from Awk.

I won't be able to play with it tonight like I want to...

On a positive note, this little gem came in the mail today. I had an epic Ebay bidding war that I won at $32.99
Now I just got to get this thing running again, and get the bushings kit from KOR.

Reactions: ultramudflap
I got it running good last night!!! Was the stupid tors. The dang butt splice I had on the two wires was zip tied up out of the way, and was believe it or not grounding itself out to the frame.

Did my three heat cycles this morning and just took it around the yard...thing rips for a small quad without going full throttle!

Now I currently have a 280 main, the air screw out 1.5 turns and the needle set on the 2nd position. Idle is set decent for now I suppose. What should the rpm be at idle? Any tips from here?

Attachments

• 20150717_103833.jpg
    20150717_103833.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 233