kinda worried

well how much do you like your legs? because if you slip without no protection one of em is getting ripped off :eek: :eek:

its like banging a random girl without a condom... if theres no protection then theres always that chance you can hurt yourself...

I ran without guards, and I got lucky as sh*t, still ran my self over and took a peg to the thigh and was sore as sh*t for the next couple days. Awk wasn't quite so lucky, he ended up getting a heli flight to the hospital.

yeah the helicopter landing right beside me just as the morphine kicked in was awsome, like a vietnam movie, and seeing my leg at a 30 degree angle and my foot facing completely backwards was cool as hell !!!!!
all becuased my boot laces got caught in the chain and winched my leg back under the axle,
but at least my stock floorboards and heelgaurds didnt get damaged, they were hangin on the wall back in the garage safe and sound.
they went back on as soon as i got out of the hospital, and even though i couldnt walk or work, for 16 weeks, i bolted a golf club to my shifter for hand shifting, and rode within 2 weeks
as of now i have pro armor nerfs/heelgaurds going on my bike soon, and have nerfs with yfz heelgaurds on my sons bike
i rode my '96 for 8 years with just pegs, but will never do so again, no matter how cool it looks or how lucky or tough you think you are, it only takes once, it wont happen to me twice!!!!!

locsta has a set of yfz gaurds for sale right now, great price too, they bolt right on to the pegs and require a small aluminum bracket in back, and the nerfs fit right up to them

see here.............. http://www.blasterforum.com/sale-18/parts-gear-30407/

correct, 89's dont have the little tab for the upper mount, i bent the frame on my '96, and musta got an 89 as the replacement, thats why i ran without heelhaurds
but the yfz's require you to make a little extension for that top rear mount anyway, so it would only take a little more afro-engineering to make them work, maybe an electrical conduit strap called a "standoff strap", it'll wrap around your frame and have 2 tabs hang down to bolt thru

correct, 89's dont have the little tab for the upper mount, i bent the frame on my '96, and musta got an 89 as the replacement, thats why i ran without heelhaurds
but the yfz's require you to make a little extension for that top rear mount anyway, so it would only take a little more afro-engineering to make them work, maybe an electrical conduit strap called a "standoff strap", it'll wrap around your frame and have 2 tabs hang down to bolt thru

yes this works, i did it on my frame before i got a buddie to weld some brackets on for me. they even have rubber coated ones that are a little kinder to the paint.

Yep, I'm a big nerf fan. One of my sons has already gone through a set doing jumps in MX. Apparently his feet were slipping off the pegs occassionally on landings. Without them he probably would be missing a foot by now. All of my quads have heel guards and all have nerfs but one, and for that one I'm looking. Standard safety equipment.