Kidney Belt & Storage

piezzi

Mar 19, 2008
Question #1: I went riding last weekend in a very rugged section of the SoCal "low desert" and I ended up with a sore back afterwards. So I'm curious if you ride with a kidney belt....and if you do, which belt do you recommend (or not recommend) I get?

Question #2: My riding pants don't have pockets and it's a pain to take off my chest protector & camel back just to get to things like my phone, keys, wallet, sun block, etc. So my question is: what do you use to store your valuables while you're riding? I was thinking a small bag that attaches to my handlebars would be ideal, but a fanny pack may also work. What works for you?

I can't say much about a kidney belt, except that it's probably time to upgrade your front suspension. Lol

I used to store valuables loose under my seat. Then I lost a 10mm Snap-On wrench for my trouble and learned not to do that again. I'd put valuables like wallet, sunblock, etc in a heavy zipper bag and THEN stuff them under the seat next time around, just in case I hit a couple mud puddles and/or rode around a dusty MX track.

Personally, when I ride, I safety-pin a truck key to the inside of my pants and hit the trails. I leave everything else of value, including my wallet and wedding ring, in my truck. If I'm riding in a group (99% of the time), we stick together and I let somebody else with pockets carry a cell phone, should an emergency occur. Just my .02.

I can't say much about a kidney belt, except that it's probably time to upgrade your front suspension. Lol

Just my .02.

I here ya b-rap. The banshee fronts are okay for most of my riding, but I had Monday off and my lady had to work. So I trailered out solo 2 hrs to Ocotillo Wells, which is east of San Diego.

Anyway, you probably heard of OW and this place is insane. It's a huge chunk of land that offers heaps of offroading and it's set up so you can bring your RV's, trailers, toy haulers, tents, etc right smack in the middle of unbelievable riding terrain. Camping is free and my words here won't do it justice to how sikk the place is but let me just say that there are numerous huge sections of riding area where you pull up and think to yourself "this looks fun". Then once you get into a section, one after another, continues on forevvvvver connecting to more and more terrain. It's truly seems like OW is a naturally made professional riding park.

Here's a google search for OW photo.....feast your eyes on this area:

Google

So in defense of myself.....I wear the pain I still have today as a badge of honor because most folks had pulled out to go home by the time I arrived and it felt like I had this huge mutha f'n playground all to myself, and I proudly lay'd it down for 4 hrs out in OW representing the OG Blaster Nation with huge power slides, much air and much more throttle.

OG is for old guy.....of course.

On the other hand, if I rode regularly at OW.....I admittedly would get some new a-ams, front shocks & hydros all around...right away. So there's definetly some truth to B-rap's point about needing better suspension because riding hard out in OW requires above-average shocks.