KDX200 owners or dirtbike gurus...

Budget_Blaster

Dec 25, 2009
Illinois
I got my kdx running great but layed it down on the trails.too fast in greasy sloppy muddy conditions.but anyhoo I layed it down and cracked the dyno port header.I went ahead and ordered the pro circuit platinum pipe for bling factor and from what I've read pretty good.problem is I can't find much info on the dyno port and I don't know if ill need to rejet.as of right now I'm running the pwk35mm carb with a CGL needle 2nd clip from bottom and a 45/158 jetting and its running great.is anyone familiar with these motors and pipes?which is a better pipe?and will I need to rejet?

^^^^ ya that is what you do with any pipe change really, just do some plug chop till it is good.

and a kdx200 isn't a powerful machine. had one and it lacked power compared to a 250.

man my 83 kdx NEVER ran right till i traded it for the blaster 2weeks later the guy called me, he was like (him)hi....umm.... is this the guy i got that kdx from.......(me) yea?.......(him)...oh ok do you think you might want to trade back?.......(me)... no why?.....(him) umm well it kinda blew up.....(me) WHAT?!?!?!?......(him) so yea can i get my blaster back...... then i hung up i have not heard from him since

Well this is an 89 kdx200 with a brand new topend new seals through out new clutch its bored and replated and has wiseco piston boysen reeds and is thumping out 200psi on a compression test.its one of the best trail bikes I've ever rode.my brothers rm250 can't even keep me in sight on tight trails.and the ride is like a cadillac!I'm a big guy 6'3 220lbs and its a blast to ride.not too mention I got it from the guy for 100 bucks!he couldn't find parts local and lost interest in it so I gave him 100 bucks and a redfox manco go kart for it.to be honest it'll run circles around most blasters I've ran it against.

I just was wondering if anyone was familiar with these bikes and those two pipe brands?I t don't bother me its not the fastest or most powerful I got it dirt cheap and its fun wtf else matters?