attention carb gurus!!!

Budget_Blaster

Dec 25, 2009
Illinois
I'm tuning this pwk 35mm carb on this kdx 200 anyhoo I've got a cel,bgp,and cgl jet needle and I've tried the cel and it seemed to be too rich so I just put the cgl and readjusted and rode it for an afternoon it seems to be a little crisper on the throttle and the plug definately says its a little leaner since its now a chocolate card board tanish color as opposed to wet oily.my questiion is will I benefit from swapping in the bgp?I don't fully get what these letters translate too.if it helps I'm running a 45/158 jetting,and the mods are a dyno port header,pro circuit silencer,no lid on air box with holes in the side of the air box,uni 2 stage filter,after market gears I forget the ratio but its geared up,and iif I'm reading the topp of the piston correctly its 0.40 over.what you think waste of time to change it or will I benefit from the swap?

Well, the first letter is taper angle, the second is length, and the third is diameter. So, relative to each other, the CEL was shorter than the CGL that you put in. The added length might be leaning it out down low a bit, but def is making you extra fuel come in later. If the extra length is significant enough, you would lean out your entire range, which sounds like the case.

Isn't the BGP the one that is most similar to your original needle on this bike? I'm surprised you didn't try it first. Anyway the B is slightly less taper, so it should come on slower (less abrupt). G is the same length. And P is a larger diameter. Overall, this needle should lean you out, which is probably a good thing.

If I remember correctly, you were looking for a BGN (slightly richer) but couldn't get one. I would try the BGP, but also have 160 and 162 jets handy in case you find that you run too lean.

The pilot is unaffected by any of this.

BTW. "carb gurus" cracks me up because I claim no such status. We are all just trying to help out, but if we were that good, there would be money changing hands! :D

Reactions: blasterfreek30
Thanks bro I appreciate it!yea me and my brother went riding today and I've not tried the bgp yet since it was cooler today but its still rich.we stopped and I pulled the plug and its wet and very oily.so ill definately be trying the bgp.as for you guys being gurus lol ii just gotta give credit where iits due you guys always seem to have answer and iif you don't you get one or help get one which is very appreciated.thanx again.

BTW. "carb gurus" cracks me up because I claim no such status. We are all just trying to help out, but if we were that good, there would be money changing hands! :D

thats pure BS royal, thats some guru sh*t you just spit, if i've ever seen it