Just installed banshee axle...

skoobyj

Oct 17, 2008
In a Tree
www.youtube.com
Howdy, I just got done putting a banshee axle into my blasters carrier.
It went in nice. Only other problem beside the brake issue is the axle is not even. it is exactly 1 inch longer on the sprocket side than is is on the brake hub side. I know I didn't do anything wrong so this must just be the way it is?

see pics

i just put my banshee axle in too it centered from the back of the wheel hub to the sprocket hub is 11 inches an its the same on the other side i think the carrier is off center to allow the chain to line up

i just put my banshee axle in too it centered from the back of the wheel hub to the sprocket hub is 11 inches an its the same on the other side i think the carrier is off center to allow the chain to line up

from the back of my wheel hub to the sprocket hub is 10"
and just under 10" from other wheel hub to banshee brake hub.

i measured from the back of the wheel hub where it stops against the axle to up against the disk an to where the sprocket hub bends to go to the sprocket and got 11 inches both times i measured it did you get the 2 nuts tight on the axle to hold it all togather

I thought you were measuring to the start of the sprocket hub, that is 10" when i measure like you did I get 11" Yea, the nuts are tight. I will put it on the quad and see what's what. Thanks

If it ends up being longer on one side once mounted maybe I will put a 1" wheel spacer on the other side to even it up? LoL

no problem like i said i thought mine was kinda goofy lookin when i had it off the bike too but after you get it in an everything together it should all line up for you

u have to take the measurement from the end of the carrier hub the round part. The monting brackets are off center.

Hello my blaster brother from another mother, Thanks for your comment!!

Thing is the swing arm is dead balls center of the quad so that means the carrier mounts should be (if I'm right) the center of the axle, not the carrier ends.

Here's a couple pics showing what I mean...

Continued from post above:

I went out and measured the stock axle/carrier and from wheel hub to carrier mount on the sprocket side is 11 1/4
And from wheel hub to carrier mount on the brake disc side is 10 3/4

So even with the stock axle it is off center still by 1/2 inch. (if I measured correctly). It was packed with ice and snow so I may be off a lil bit.

I am inclined to believe it will be fine once I mount it which I will try to do later and then i will let you know for sure how it comes out.

Pull a measurement from center of carrier to end of axle.It looks decieving but lines up straight when mounted.

Well, I got the banshee axle on the quad tonight and it looks right. I kinda love it, lol with my offset rear wheels it looks mean as hell. I just wish I would have went for the 22" RAZR's instead of the 20" but no matter what it looks better than the 18" ITP's that were on it. I'll throw a pic of it up soon if I think of it.

Well, I got the banshee axle on the quad tonight and it looks right. I kinda love it, lol with my offset rear wheels it looks mean as hell. I just wish I would have went for the 22" RAZR's instead of the 20" but no matter what it looks better than the 18" ITP's that were on it. I'll throw a pic of it up soon if I think of it.

Well I'm not shure what mods you have but IMO a 22" rear tire is too big for a blaster gearing whise

So are you going to use the banshee brake setup or just the axle?

Shoot me your email address and I will shoot you a pic of the shee axle.Looks like any other axle just wider.You will like the look.