Just another tear down.

Dude

Aug 3, 2010
Well some of you may know about my clutch woes from the last week. I removed the engine yesterday in all of ten minutes. Hooray for air tools.

So lets start with a little background i guess. I picked this quad up form a local for 800 bucks. not bad but the plastic it had on it was spray bombed and god i hate spray bombed stuff. so i dropped 150 bucks on some nice yama blue plastics from a local Supplier allot i know.

Picked up some Holeshots for 50 bucks on sale and off i went. Quad has been ridden daily hard for 2 months 2 hours a day. I guess it was about time something let go.

Here is what it looked like this morning.

P1030529.jpg

Nothing special really.

Check out this hand throttle i have. I dunno if it was from a sled or not but i like it alot actually.

P1030531.jpg

about 20 minutes later i am left with this. Doing a +2 steering stem as i am 6'3 and i cant power slide as the bars hit me knees.
P1030533.jpg

P1030535.jpg

Frame will either get powder coated or i will spray it myself. I have tons of paint here ranging from ppg shop line up to ppg platinum viper snake skin green.

I paint cars on the side and have a booth and baker here at home.

Should be interesting to say the least.

This is a pretty tight budget project as i cant see throwing lots into a blasty as its never gonna recoup that on sale day.

Well since new plastics are out i gotta spray it something that goes with blue...ideas?

Frame was acid dipped today and will be shot in the morning with por15. Not much today but some progress.

It looks like its from a sled it works great and feels better not to have to mash my thumb.

Yeah i can the resale value stops me.

One coat of por15 one coat of tie coat. One coat of sealer. 5 coats of the stock silver. 5 coats of clear. Glad i have a booth and a sata 90 ;)

P1030541.jpg

P1030540.jpg

P1030539.jpg

Last edited:
What looks stock??? you can see the trees in the grab bar area in the first pic ;)

oh i see what you were takin about. i reread my post. i was saying the look i am going for is a look that says "man that looks bad ass but it still looks stock at the same time"

I wanna thank scotj77 for lending me his fly wheel puller and case splitter. This dude did not know me from adam but helped me out anyway. Top fawking notch!

I found..............nothing. A little chunk of sh*t that could be from the pivot arm from teh clutch lever or the back of the pushrod. The ball is welded to teh rod with part of the front rod melted over it. I think the back of the rod broke off. But would that stop the whole assembly from working? it was in gear and still would not move. It was like the bike was in neutral . All gears looks remarkable.

I would assume that when everything welded together it locked the pressure plate in the open position and wouldn't let it back in. so everything was free spinning. were you able to get everything out of the shaft? or are there still pieces of the rod stuck in there? post some pics of that rod. i'm sure others would like to see.

Shaft is clear will get picks. it was hard to tell if the ball was there at first cause part of the front shaft is melted over it, almost looking like one continuous shaft.