jjz28 blaster freshen up

The springs can only be compressed so far, with the correct tension the springs will be at the correct compression!

The spring length is set by the length of the boss that the screws tighten in to, the torque setting is to allow the screws to be tightened up to either stop them falling out or the avoid cracking the boss!

Thanks blaaster I don't know why I am letting this clutch whip my butt I think I got it figured out now, seems to be right anyway. I just cant think like I used too. What jet do you think I should start with? 2000 foot elev., fatty gold series, power core 2, boysen reeds, vitos +4 key. It still has factory 230 right now, that's how I bought it with these mods, I know that's too lean.

You know, I cant believe I didn't realize that the length of the spring is the same as the boss. I mean, I have done several clutches on street bikes and other fourwheelers. My mind is slowing down and I am not THAT old!

I just got the frame, suspension, and everything painted. I need to order some jets, just trying to figure out which ones I need.

can I do the heat cycles with the 230 main jet? it probably needs a 280 but can I heat cycle with the stock one until I get the 280?

It is possible, though not advisable to do the heat cycles with a 230 main jet.

The 230 main should supply adequate fuel to the needle circuit to allow the blipping of the throttle to do the heat cycling.

The blipping of the should only need the idle circuit and a little raising of the throttle to get to temperature, you need not to get over 1/4 throttle so you will go nowhere near the main jet circuit.

It is possible, though not advisable to do the heat cycles with a 230 main jet.

The 230 main should supply adequate fuel to the needle circuit to allow the blipping of the throttle to do the heat cycling.

The blipping of the should only need the idle circuit and a little raising of the throttle to get to temperature, you need not to get over 1/4 throttle so you will go nowhere near the main jet circuit.
Lets be honest though, some people like to rip on them when they arnt supposed to ;)

That's what I was thinking, but I will just wait, no need to take any chances. It is impossible to find jets in the one horse town. I am going to have to order them. Another question, why the cutting of the plug for plug chops on 2 stroke? I always plug chopped on my xs1100 and xs750 but didn't cut the plug.

The experienced can usually read the smoke ring pretty close on a plug without cutting off the threads!

One can get a better view of the colour of the ring by removing the threads as reflections and different light sources can make small discrepancies in the colour of the ring!

Reactions: Jeff Bennett