Jetting

blaster003

May 13, 2014
I have a 2003 yamaha blaster with boyesen reeds fmf gold series and it will rev fine but bogs in 1st and it has no leaks and has good compression my air box is removed and I have a 270 jet now with a 32.5 pilot jet every one else told me I needed a 280 but it was to much I have a stock mikuni carb I have the floats adjusted right do I need to go down to a 260 or what I am 450 elevation now here is my plug color now like a dark gray with a 32.5 pilot and 260

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    621.7 KB · Views: 153
throttle position means more than what gear when explaining bog/rich/lean conditions
where is your airscrew set at ?
how many turns out ?
should be around 1.5 turns to start.

What I don't understand is that it's bogging likes it rich but the plug is gray which is lean

How old is that plug, and did you take it out after a period of idle.

The floats may be adjusted fine but is the needle seating properly?

It has tors removed with fmf power core 2 gold series and I did change the plug wire to a older blaster cause I thought it was bad is this what is causing this it revs fine in neutral but in gear it's like something is restricting it

tors removed properly by cutting/connecting the required wires ?
DIY for 03+ in electrical section

Ok I put the 260 back in it but it revs quicker with the airfilter off how should I lean it out without putting a 250 jet in it but the spark plug is stilling getting gray

Yeah but I adjusted the floats and it runs better but it acts like it needs less fuel and so I adjust it to get less and no gas is going into the bowl

What jet needle do you have and which slot is the clip on?

You should be using the stock needle with the clip on the middle slot!