Jetting

S

silvera3

I just picked up a jet kit to re-jet my carb. The bike has a pipe, silencer, bored .060 over and 14/40 gearing if that makes a difference. What should I be running???? The kit has a 290-330 and a little thing that says 30 on it. I put the 300 and left the little 30 thing out, does it need to be replaced as well, I couldn't see where it goes. Stock carb by the way. Thanks guys.

-Spence

the 30 is your pilot jet, stock size is 32.5, I think that the 30 will make it run leaner on the bottom end but im not positive so you might want to look it up, In the DIY section there is a Jetting guide that is very useful, check it out! and id start with the with the 290 main and just work your way up with those to which ever one performs the way you want!

darrel is right 30 is the pilot jet since u got the 300main in already run it alittle and see how it does check your plug and see what it looks like.its should be a tan/brown color white is to lean and black/wet is to rich..i run a 290 main in mine with stock pilot {32.5} just keep checkin your plug and adjust it to dial it in......