Jetting help.

blasterbogger

Mar 10, 2010
Miami,Florida
Hey guys, i just finished building the blaster . And i need a little help with jetting. I threw in a 300 main due to the Toomey Pipe, Foam air Filter, And porting. Right now shes running to rich. But when i mess with the idle screw to lean it out she tends to accelerate herself. Then when i screw the Air screw back in she tends to come back down!? The other thing is, is that the idle adjustment is screwed all the way in on the handle bars. And on the stupid Tors but still seems to idle high but remains at a perfect idle RPM. It only wants to be adjusted on the air screw. What could this be? Ohh yea, She dosent have any big signs of air leaks. When reved rpms droped down fast and clean. One More thing im not running my vitos stroker now due to me waiting on Hot Rod crank bearing's. Im running a stock stroke. With the Porting, Toomey, Air filter, and Vforce3 Reeds, Can i run a 34mm Keihin Carb? I Feel that the stock 26mm is too Small and it will affect power. Any help or advice will be highly appreciated. Thank You.

a 34mm doesn't seem too big for that setup, especially if you're adding a stroker soon.

do a leakdown test to be sure that it's properly sealed.

how dark is the plug? what makes you think that it's running rich on the main side?

Lots of spudder during 2/4 of throttle. But seems to clear up very nice when entering higher rpm's. So the 34mm is good to go? There is no air leak because i checked for one already. And i havent checked the plug.

raise the clip on the needle and try again.

again, what does the plug look like after a plug chop?

Cool. The thing is, is that the bike feels like it needs more fuel at high rpms. When 3/4 throttle towards wot i feel the bike not pulling. The bike was taken apart for porting so i needed to take it easy so the rings can set . I didn't wot it.

Hey guys, i just finished building the blaster . And i need a little help with jetting. I threw in a 300 main due to the Toomey Pipe, Foam air Filter, And porting. Right now shes running to rich. But when i mess with the idle screw to lean it out she tends to accelerate herself. Then when i screw the Air screw back in she tends to come back down!? The other thing is, is that the idle adjustment is screwed all the way in on the handle bars. And on the stupid Tors but still seems to idle high but remains at a perfect idle RPM. It only wants to be adjusted on the air screw. What could this be? Ohh yea, She dosent have any big signs of air leaks. When reved rpms droped down fast and clean. One More thing im not running my vitos stroker now due to me waiting on Hot Rod crank bearing's. Im running a stock stroke. With the Porting, Toomey, Air filter, and Vforce3 Reeds, Can i run a 34mm Keihin Carb? I Feel that the stock 26mm is too Small and it will affect power. Any help or advice will be highly appreciated. Thank You.

Cool. The thing is, is that the bike feels like it needs more fuel at high rpms. When 3/4 throttle towards wot i feel the bike not pulling. The bike was taken apart for porting so i needed to take it easy so the rings can set . I didn't wot it.

Lots of spudder during 2/4 of throttle. But seems to clear up very nice when entering higher rpm's. So the 34mm is good to go? There is no air leak because i checked for one already. And i havent checked the plug.

I am some what confused, you say its running too rich but feels like it needs more fuel at high RPM, But seems to clear up very nice when entering higher rpm's. you see why I may be confused.

You say "She dosent have any big signs of air leaks", is there any signs of any air leaks, small or otherwise.

What pressure did you do the leak down test at, and how long did you wait to see if it was holding pressure?

Blaaster im sorry for confusing you lmfao. But i found the problem.. Crank seal from the clutch side blew. I notice she was burning tranny fluid after a short ride in the back yard after a pretty aggresive holeshot lol. Well heres another question. Would i be able to remove the seal with out splitting the cases? Ive replaced the crank seal from the stator side already it had the wrong seal.

Gee, I'll bet a manual could answer this question :D That's the long answer. Short answer is yes I:I

Wot he said, relative easy fix.:)

Do a compression test to verify that no damage has been done to the top end, take the pipe off too and get a look at the piston and rings if compression is down!