jetting again....

Did another leak test and found huge air leak! It is between intake boot and reed cage. In my opinion there shouldve been a gasket there and between reed cage and head (which was there). I will prob make or order a new gasket and put it in between boot and cage. I made one out of cardboard to continue the leak down test and everything else looks good. Used good gauge and soapy water.

Last edited:
Did another leak test and found huge air leak! It is between intake boot and reed cage. In my opinion there shouldve been a gasket there and between reed cage and head (which was there). I will prob make or order a new gasket and put it in between boot and cage. I made one out of cardboard to continue the leak down test and everything else looks good. Used good gauge and soapy water.

I had a felling it was something like that. Get the motor air tight and you won't have to run a huge main jet. Your on your way to getting It jetted in now.

Yea, glad to have found the culprit. The rest of the motor held 8psi for longer than 15 min so no worries there.

Last edited:
Real glad you got that sorted out before someone led you into running a bigger jet to mask the air leak, it could have ended up really nasty.

I dont doubt its the correct the combination for you. I am still waiting for the new gaskets so I can seal this baby up and try jetting it again. I will def post the final result dont you worry. Lol

Yeah when it's sealed you will run the correct. Jetting. 330 is to high for your bike idc what anyone says. Like I said 330 was rich for me with all my mods witch required higher Jetting then your bike should ideal need.

The fmf will make a decent increase in power. Not top speed. But your low end is noticeable. I ran stock pipe and fmf.

Also on a side note. Since you have it all set up with the 330, could u make a video of u riding it. I'd be real interested to see and listen just how had it pulls. With a stock pipe, k&n filter, and no lid as mods.

There's a thread on how to. Throw it in the pics/vids section. I would be real interested to see only because I ran a 320 in my blaster and it ran like garbage. I had a full fmf, air filter, lid removed, dual stage reeds, stock jug, stock head. Nothing to serious but still would require a richer jetting the the stock pipe.

I would like to see the video too.

Videos prove nothing, and to prove a point tell me what jets my lad is using.

DMC Alien, 25:1 Bean oil, foam filter directly on carby throat, leak free, +4 deg, stock carby, dual stage reeds, exhaust polished, sea level at 90degs.

A little tip, I prefer to run on the rich side of optimum and the main is no bigger than #320.

View My Video

Firstly, if you can hold your hand on the jug for the length of time that was shown in the video, then you did not warm the motor up sufficiently.

Secondly, there was not even a wisp of smoke visible from start to finish, I would hate to run that oil lean.

Thirdly helmets have chin straps for a good reason, to stop them riding up and snapping the neck on impact.

Forthly, in what way did the video prove that you were running a #330 main jet.

Fithly, to convince me that you have an air tight motor I would love to see a vid of your leak test.

I apologise for my doubts, but there is definatly something wrong here.