I've crossed over to the dark side!!! Lol

Wifesblaster said:
Well the elkas are lond travel. Not sure if they would work with my laeger a arms. My motowoz seem to do pretty good on the blaster. The plan is to get all the kinks worked out. I want to disassemble the motor just to get a feel for how they work. If I like it I guess I'll keep it for a little bit. When it is time to get rid it I may consider parting it out because everything is aftermarket.
Nope you gotta sell the blaster and the banshee

Well the elkas are lond travel. Not sure if they would work with my laeger a arms. My motowoz seem to do pretty good on the blaster. The plan is to get all the kinks worked out. I want to disassemble the motor just to get a feel for how they work. If I like it I guess I'll keep it for a little bit. When it is time to get rid it I may consider parting it out because everything is aftermarket.

A part out would make you a lot money esp if that motor is all aftermarket like valves and cams

Well I was referring to power, so mostly in a straight line. I think something is off with the 450 though. It needs to be jetted and the cam timing may be off. I will know more soon. It's tough because I have never ridden one before so I don't know how it should run.

A 4 poke pulls consistently as the throttle is applied, and needs to be ridden differently.

A 2 stroke will attempt to stretch your arms at certain points in acceleration.

You jest cannot ride a 4 stroke like a 2.stroke it needs practice.

In a straight line the Banshee should be in front, if not it needs a tune up.

I have since learned a lot. With all the motor work that is done it needs a bigger carb. I am getting an FCR carb that is bored to 41.5 mm. Also I will be checking the cam timing.

My banshee should be putting out around 60hp. It is set up for the trails so we will see.

Well the banshee was given to me for free. It's to free anymore! If one has to get sold it will be the 450. The blaster and banshee are staying.

I want to get the 450 done so me and Woodrow Wilson can drag race it against the shee.

Reactions: Awk08
Check oil to see if it got to hot without the fan and is now spitting coolant into the oil it would be milky looking.. << (u prob checked oil already though) also check valves with feeler gauge to see if they are in spec.. Btw nice score, cant be the price..

The bored fcr carb will be here soon.

Oil and filter look good. I think I found the problem. It seems the cam gear is 1 tooth out of time! It has a stage 2 hot cam in it. I will be setting the timing soon and I'll see what that does.

Why would you change the carb..lol.. will see when the 450 n banshee is done which one is faster in a straight line.. I know that a rm 65 spanked money pit in a race..

Nice score for what you have in the trade! For what its worth, I'll throw my .02 in on this quad. I used to have a 450r, and my buddy has one now that we're both sharing. When you jet the stock carb, you should be in the mid-180's on the main jet. These carbs take a shorter pilot jet. It looks like the same as the Keihin pilot that we run in our Blasters, but it is in fact shorter in overall length. You'all probably want to swap in a 50 S ('S' for short) pilot jet. The stock 48 is lean for most nodded 450r's. Also, a properly-jetted 450r engine will kick start easily and idle all day long, even with a larger cam, without stalling out. If it idles poorly, the carb's low-speed mixture screw can be adjusted for best results. The screw is in the front of the carb on the underside and is adjustable with a small, stubby flathead screwdriver.

Also, be aware that a later-model FCR carb is NOT a bolt-on swap for early ('04 and '05) 450r's. The 2006 + engines are totally different and you will need to swap in the intake, carb, throttle cable, and airbox from a newer 450r to make the carb a bolt-on. That said, I know you are creative, Wifesblaster, and I'm sure you can make it work.

This thing should rip, but unless you are running a wildly-built engine running on 110, a 60hp Banshee should be more than a match for it. My friend David's 450r IS a race gas quad, complete with 13.5:1 piston, Stage 3 Hotcam, ported head, Sparks exhaust, open air box, etc.... It is very fast up top even fed by its jetted stock carb (blows my ported Blaster away), but it isn't invincible and I think a well-built Shee could catch it.