I've crossed over to the dark side!!! Lol

Wifesblaster

Built not bought
Feb 10, 2012
Maryland
So today I traded a ttr 125 and a ktm 85 for an 04 trx 450r. I had roughly $1,100 invested in both bikes. Here is the mods

510cc athena big bore kit (cc's include 3mm crank)
Long travel front end with elka stage 4 shocks
Fully gusseted and powder coated frame
Prm swingarm skid plate
Anti vibe stem with fat bars
Baja rims with like new razor tires
SS braided brake lines
Gripper seat cover
Ac nerf bars with heel guards
Fatboy 4 full exhaust

And I'm sure there are other things, but I don't know chit about 4 pokes and that is what I saw. I don't know if the head is ported and I don't know what cam is in it. One of the a arms is bent and I am going to try to bend it back. I have already ran the vin and it's clean.i will be taking the bike apart and checking everything. While this bike is pretty fast and runs good I was not impressed with the power. I think the jetting is off of something else needs to be tuned. Put it this way, the FREE SHE will maul it! I could not pass it up for the $1,100 I got it for. I will upload pics tomorrow from work.

Given the mods this bike has its like my blasters long lost step brother. It's a Honda so it was the read headed step child! Woodrow Wilson talked me into getting it!

4173c4ba-7675-4e48-acb6-c3887678faaa.jpg
1c2b912b-8ff8-442c-8767-d4be0cd8c814.jpg
956279ae-1602-4a0f-ac01-37637f0ad69c_2.jpg
a0aa5a2b-c988-4eab-b152-659d349b16a2_2.jpg

Attachments

• b9d22fb7-63e9-4d88-8552-24a3c5b6e49c.jpg
    b9d22fb7-63e9-4d88-8552-24a3c5b6e49c.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 158
I think it's weird that the gears are 5 up.

LOL, I've always wondered why bikes have N between 1st & 2nd. I've never missed anyother shift tho.

Bead locks on front?

Kinda funny the head/cam cover is twice as tall as the jug.:eek:
Good luck on the maintenance on that.
JMHO, I wouldn't trust a straightened A-arm.

Loudest bike in the world..lol.. can you believe hes kicking my black n Orange blaster out of the garage for a 4 poke? Its coming home with his step brother blastersaurus... Larry's shee a arm fix will probably just be temp fix till he gets all the kinks out n bike looked at..no since in dropping money on them if some motor work needs a tuning first.. im sure he'll turn into a 4 poker n get new ones

Mike's garage just went down in value. lol Looks good for the price. To keep it or not to keep it???? :)

That was a good trade for you. Even of you don'tlike it, its going to sell and and you'l mske s couple dollars.

It looks like a nice machine.....nice elka's too:)

Last edited:
Id consider puting stock shocks on that and keeping the elkas or selling the elkas for more. Just my opinion.

Well the elkas are lond travel. Not sure if they would work with my laeger a arms. My motowoz seem to do pretty good on the blaster. The plan is to get all the kinks worked out. I want to disassemble the motor just to get a feel for how they work. If I like it I guess I'll keep it for a little bit. When it is time to get rid it I may consider parting it out because everything is aftermarket.